Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Need The Weekend To Get Here Sooner!

What a week, is it over yet? I think I really need a vacation..

So the power went out this morning. Just as I was leaving the house at like 7:30, off it went. I actually had the remote to the tv in my hand and was about turn it off when it shut off all by itself. For a brief second, I was like, wow... I have super powers! I can turn the tv off just thinking about it! Two, two and a half hours later, it unfortunately turned back on, so I actually had to do work. (we have a backup generator at work, but the internet was down too)

When I got to work, you would have thought it was the end of the world. All the residents were in panic mode, and all upset that we (the staff) didn't know why the power was out and when it was going to be turned back on. I'd like to vent more, but I won't on the rare chance my boss finds this site :)

Anyone else out there been watching Nashville Star? I've really gotten into it this season.. Same idea as American Idol, only much better. The people on the show actually have talent (they don't do all the preliminary shows showing the horrible singers), and it's a lot of fun. Most play an instrument, they can all sing, and they even get to play their own songs some weeks, which shows song writing talent. If you're looking for something to watch on Monday nights, I'd check it out (even though there's only like 3 weeks left)

Did anyone out there see this article on cnn.com? Pretty interesting stuff. Its funny cuz sometimes you read how much a particular actor makes, and you really can't figure out how or why because their movies are never that good (Nicole Kidman). But others, like Vince Vaughn, I'll go see him in every movie he's in. Ninety percent of the time, his movies will make you laugh and that's all you can ask for.

No real big plans for the weekend, but that's ok, I could use a schedule free couple of days. The wife is heading to Boston for the George Michael concert (yes, feel free to make fun of her profusely) on Sunday, so I'll have the whole day to myself. I wouldn't say that I'm looking forward to it, but I also wouldn't say that I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments: