Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Is It The Weekend Yet?

  • Another night, and more haying. Tonight wasn't so bad though, only like 250 bales. And these ones weren't wet so they were only like 40 pounds a pop, not too bad at all. Two more fields to go, probably another 1000 bales and we're done! It's funny though, for the first time in my life my farmers tan really is a farmers tan. I'm in a field, with a tractor.. that's farm like right?
  • Bathroom is finally all done. What a good feeling. Can't wait for those of you who saw the old bathroom to come up and see the new one. What a change, and I gotta say, it makes it sooo much sweater knowing that we did everything ourselves. It may not be perfect, but it's pretty darn close.
  • We are having the most beautiful weather up here lately. Warm, humid, but no rain, which is nice cuz we can spend lots of time outside, but not so nice for my lawn. It's supposed to be hot and humid up here with a chance of thunder storms this weekend. Hopefully it won't rain while I'm golfing.
  • Anyone else out there see this article? What has happened to parents? When did they become so soft? I just don't get it. Kids go to camp, parents enjoy a nice quiet summer which the occasional letters, right? Apparently not anymore. Parents can't seem to not know exactly what their kids are doing every single second of the day. Not cool. These are the same parents that call to set up their 25 year old's job interviews and still pack him a bag lunch.. sad
  • And in case you were wondering... yes I did send my email application to go on Wipeout. It says you have to live in CA in order to be on the show, so I'm hoping they overlook that in my case.
  • Did you happen to catch this article in the Globe? Another one of these dumb people who signed up for a mortgage that they couldn't handle and are now claiming its not their fault. Wrong! Because you're dumb and can't pay your mortgage isn't the companies fault, that's a you problem. If you lose your job or something like that, sure I have sympathy for you, but if you're just plain dumb and you get a mortgage at some absurd interest rate, tough noogies to you.
  • So once a year, ESPN radio does an all day telethon for the Jimmy V Cancer Fund. They've raised something like $70 million dollars over the years, and 100% of that money goes towards cancer research. I'm not able to donate much, but this year I did what I could cuz it's impossible not to. The stories you hear on the radio, the people that they have on... lets just say it got pretty dusty in my office today... If you get the chance, next year I highly recommend that you listen in.

1 comment:

Cleaty said...

I agree with you on the whole mortgage thing. There's always the argument that a person was lied to by their mortgage agent. But then again, if you are entering a 30 year commitment for half a million dollars, why do you think it's ok to believe the guy who's going to benefit from the sale? You should have read every word on that document. Who are we going to rescue next...the millionaire who bought a yacht only to realize he couldn't afford it??