Thursday, June 19, 2008

Did You Miss Me?

Yep, I'm back, which means now you can effectively kill 10 minutes of your day at work, while simultaneously being bored and wondering why I'm not more witty.

So I've been pretty busy lately, actually really busy. I was down in Boston Sunday thru Wednesday for a training class for work. I spent the days being bored and the nights showing a buddy I work with (who also had to take the class) around Boston. Sunday night we stayed in the hotel bar where Phil and Sue met up with us and we drank $6 Bud Light drafts while watching the first half of the Celtics game. A $16 hamburger and three beers later, I called it a night and watched the rest of the game in my room.

Monday night we walked around Fanuiel Hall and ate at The Beantown Pub, which is one of my favorite Boston bars. Good food, attentive waitress' and it's off the beaten path as far as tourists attractions go.

Tuesday night we walked down Boylston/Newbury streets, over to Fenway Park and ate at the Cask N' Flaggon. I gotta say, they really cleaned it up since the last time I was over there and it was actually pretty nice. Food was good, bar service was good, it was a nice surprise. And of course Tuesday night I sat in my hotel room and watched the Celtics game. What a game! Everything that needs to be said about the series and the Celtics has been said, but I will add this...I'm sooo glad the playoff are over so I can finally go to bed at a normal hour! I'm a creature of habit, and my habit is to be in bed by 10:30 every night. During the playoffs, I wasn't in bed until at least midnight after the games, which made for a cranky J.

Figures though... I work for the Celtics and they're absolutely horrible. The wife and I decide to move to Maine, so no more Celtics, and what happens? They make all sorts of great trades, everything pans out and they win it all! To think.. if I had stayed I could have had a ring! Well maybe not a ring, but some sort of playoff bonus...

Going to the American Craft Beer Fest this weekend. Should be a really great time too. I'm going with a couple of buddies and meeting up with the wives afterwards. I'm just hoping that I'm able to function after 3.5 hours of drinking 3 oz beers..I'm guessing most likely not, but who knows, maybe I'll pick up a tolerance between now and then.

I promise I'll write more starting next week, not that you were all worried or anything. But I do realize that some of you depend on this blog! I know you need my help in killing those gruesome eight hours you're at your desk in your cubicle (or if you're cool like me, your office).

Oh and I forgot to mention that our new toilet finally came in!!! We finally have a toilet on the second floor again. So that bathroom is basically all down, we just need to finish up the shower. It would have been done sooner, but the toilet situation really killed us. Pictures will be posted next week when we have more time..

No comments: