Tuesday, June 24, 2008

FREEDOM!!!

Well, not really, but the wife is down in Boston for the night, she has to be in the office for work tomorrow, so I get the house all to myself. So you'd figure I'd drink lots of beer, have a big ole steak or a pizza for dinner and hang around and watch tv/play video games all night right? Well, sorta. I did have a couple of beers (JW Dundee's Honey Brown. it really doesn't get much better), but I had a salad for dinner. Lame, I know. Work was done around the house (we have visitors coming this weekend), but a lot of tv is being watched also...
Ok first off, did we ever post pictures of the plants the wife planted in the front of the house? Well here are some I took today...
As you can see, she really did a great job. I added some more mulch this evening though. The little plants next to the wall will grow and eventually drape over the wall. The bushes will grow to about three feet hopefully, filling that space right up. And she even planted some vines along the porch that'll hopefully one day climb up the front of the porch. The lights only kinda sorta work. It seems that they work when they feel like it, but not a minute sooner. They're the solar powered ones, and that area gets tons of sunlight. Maybe if we had spent more than $40 for eight of them, they might work better.

So I had a dentist appointment today. I figured I'd be an adult and go before something started hurting right. Bad idea. I don't eat candy. I don't drink juice. I don't drink soda. I consume minimal amounts of sugar, yet the dentist always always always finds 103 things wrong. At least this time they didn't try to lecture me, they were actually very nice about it.

I still got it... had a young lady driving next to me wave and say hi... yep.. chicks still dig me...

Anyone else watch WipeOut tonight on ABC? Fun stuff. Very entertaining. Then again, they are appealing to the lowest common denominator of tv viewers, which I of course am. As long as they mix up the obstacle course from time to time, I'll continue to watch. People getting hit in the groin, bouncing off things and generally making an ass of themselves is always funny to me. Now I just need to figure out how I get on the show.

Still sad that we're not getting, and still unable to find.. Kenny Chesney tickets for the July concert. Oh well.

Did you see this study that was done recently? I thought it was a pretty interesting read...

No comments: