Sunday, June 22, 2008

Randomness

  • How amazing is this. Tiger Woods is so good that even his caddy is in the top ten on the PGA money list.
  • I bought my mother a set of golf clubs, but they were too big for her, so the wife has decided to keep them. I think if she's patient and takes a couple of lessons she could actually be pretty good. We'll see though.
  • You know there's nothing good on tv when I'm sitting here at 8:30 on Sunday night watching Star Wars: The Phantom Menace on Spike... and it's not even in HD.
  • So I'm listening to the radio the other, a country station of course, and this new song comes on that I've never heard. I'm thinking to myself, boy this sounds a lot like Hootie and the Blowfish. Low and behold, it kinda was... Hootie, minus the Blowfish. Darius Rucker is releasing a new country album and I gotta say that the first song off the cd is actually really good.
  • I feel like I married a 13 year old, circa 1991. Everytime the wife gets a hold of the radio in the car, out pops the ipod and I get to listen to the new New Kids song Summertime. Now it's stuck in my head, and has been for the past three days. Not good times
  • Might have a bit of news to talk about Tuesday/Wednesday. We'll see how the week goes though, check back then.
  • So after a Boston sports team wins a championship (which happens on a fairly regular basis at this point) I go buy all the magazines, posters, dvd's, bobbleheads... anything that's about that team really. So I've gotta go buy the new Sports Illustrated and all that. But if anyone out there sees anything fun, let me know ok. We don't have the biggest selection up here, so I'd appreciate the extra sets of eyes out there.
  • I recently picked up an Entertainment Weekly subscription. I've had one in the past, but after a favorite writer of mine moved from TvGuide over to EW, I figured I'd pick it up again. So now we get EW, Esquire, This Old House and Real Simple (I have no idea what this is, its the wife's).
  • So we got to spend some time this weekend with my friends eighteen month old. She's such a happy little girl, bouncing around the house, talking up a storm... and the best part. She can totally say my name. Not the easiest name in the world for a kid to pronounce, but she's got it down, and even knows it me haha.

No comments: