Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Hate Eileen

Well, not hate, I actually care a great deal about her as she's one of my very good friends(and our first non family visitor!), but right this minute I strongly dislike her. You see, Eileen was smart enough to get one of those 12 pack of tickets the Celtics offered this year. And in doing that, she was able to get first dibs on playoff tickets, which means she's been to a couple of playoff games this year and she's GOING TO GAME ONE TOMORROW NIGHT!!! I have never in my life been more jealous of someone I know personally. I can't imagine how cool it would be to be there tomorrow night. That building is going to be alive. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to watch the game from my lucky chair then.

It's been raining the past couple of days up here, but I simply can't bring myself to use an umbrella. Something about it just doesn't feel "manly" to me. Granted, I'm not exactly the most manly guy ever, but still. I feel like I should just get wet and deal with it. Stupid I know, but umbrella's just aren't cool to me.

So I'm listening to the radio today and during a news break, the dj and news reporter started chitchatting about something. The reporter, who is in her early 20's, says that she has never been out of Maine, never been on a plane and has never been in a cab. That just blows my mind. Never out of the state? Huh? You have to go out of your way for that to happen. I can understand never riding in a cab because if you don't live in a city you really have no reason to take one, aside from the occasional too drunk to drive night. And never in a plane? Again, its 2008, not 1958...

You know whats the worst thing ever? When you're really busy at work, and you basically forget to go to the bathroom. So all of a sudden it hits you that you really have to go. So you quickly walk to the bathroom, but when you walk in the ummm "signature" left by the previous occupant is very obvious. So obvious in fact that it's like walking into a brick wall. Then you've gotta go quickly so that if someone else comes in while you're in there, they won't think that the "signature" belongs to you. At my job, this happens like every other day.

Vigilante justice.. Maine style..

Can't wait for the Celtics game tomorrow night. I think that it'll be a great series, but my money is on the C's in six. I really think that if they can contain Kobe and shut down Gasol (which KG has a history of doing) that things will end in the Celtic's favor. The key to the series is Pierce, if he can keep playing well I think that the Lakers won't be able to stop him along with Garnett. Plus, there's the whole Kobe/Ray Allen feud which has been going on for years. And for some reason Allen plays out of his mind verse him, so we'll see... If nothing else, we'll get to see some great opening montages.

2 comments:

eileen said...

Nice post title.
Sorry, Jay, wish you could be there as well! Figures that the C's get good again as soon as you move out of state.

Go Celtics!
BEAT LA!

Anonymous said...

Yes, nice post title. That is why she asked me to go and not you! Mwwwaaahahahahahahaha! Don't worry, I will wave at you on tv with my foam finger.