Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Report

Very good weekend all around, which didn't exactly start off pleasantly. We were supposed to leave for Boston Friday night, but I got stuck at work until about 9, so that didn't work out. Thankfully, I have the best wife ever though. Neither of us had had dinner at that point, so she let me pick our destination. The 99. Can't go wrong there. Upon walking in, I was really in the mood for a salad, but instead settled for the mini bbq pulled pork burgers and the honey bbq tenders, which for my buck are simply the best around. Of course, this was topped off with a blueberry mojito for the wife (complete with sugar cane) and a beer so big I could have moved two of my tenants into it. Good times.

Saturday we made the drive to Boston, where we hung out with some friends for a bit before I left for the American Craft Beer Festival in downtown Boston. I went with three friends and had a fantastic time. Normally in this space I would write about all the beers I tried, but I didn't bring a pen and paper and well... I had lots of beer so the memory isn't exactly the best. We did however, have a great time, so now I need to convince the guys to head to Denver for the next festival.

After beer, we met up with the wives and some more friends for dinner and a movie. Get Smart was the flick of choice and I actually thought it was really funny. Funnier than expected too... and yes, I know I'm too young to really remember the tv show, but I know the concept etc., and really enjoyed it.

Today we hit gramma and papa's for a bit then headed home. All in all, a very good weekend and we're looking forward to the next one, as the mother in law and a friend are coming to visit.

No comments: