Thursday, June 12, 2008

Longest Post Ever

I was going to try to do a running diary, but I can't type that fast and I don't have nearly enough one liners to throw in there, so this will have to do.

First Quarter:
Celtics start off very very very cold. Is Doc wearing a purple suit? Way to wear the colors of the opposing team coach. This isn't good at all. The Lakers aren't missing tonight!
Two fouls on KG, not a good sign this early in the night. I think the Lakers missed one shot the entire quarter. And it helps some that they shot 15 free throws in the first quarter. Again, not a good sign. Horrible Celtic defense, home refs and an aggressive team equals lots of fouls. Celtics really need to get into the game here. Rondo on the bench and House in the game. I like House, but he's stone cold right now, I think I'd rather have Rondo in there pushing the ball, making the LA defense work. Also not a fan of Doc's substitutions right now. When taking KG out, you need more offense, which means Powe, not Brown.
Celtics down 35-14.

Second Quarter:
KG's back in the game, can't afford to foul early. I love the "I didn't foul him" look by the Lakers. Palms up, kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar look on his face. Cassell and House are both playing a lot. This scares me. Is Rondo's ankle really that bad? A "Boston Sucks" chant just broke out. Really LA, that's the best you could come up with? All those writers out there and that's it? Very disappointed in you.
Gotta keep going to KG in the post, No one can stop him down there.
Will Smith being interviewed. How can you be a Laker fan when you're from Philly? I'm sure his fellow Philidelphians are loving this. Watch out for flying batteries next time you go home big guy. Did you notice the extremely annoyed look on Jada's face? Like, "I'm famous too, I'm someone! Interview me too!"
Get Cassell out. Where the heck is Rondo? And what's with all the jumpers!
Say good night to Doc. No way he doesn't get a second tech tonight and gets tossed.
This NBA commercial with the split screen of Larry and Magic is creepy. Larry is not looking good at all. Looks like he just woke up after a four day bender with Jamal Tinsley and Steven Jackson.
Btw, anyone else hear that Hancock and The Hulk have movies coming out? I really did not know that. It's a good thing they show the commercial every three minutes. (speaking of which, flicking thru the channels the other day and American Gladiators was doing a Hulk promotion. One of the gladiators was actually painted green. Not a good look. This made me want to see the movie even less than I did before)
Everyone knows Kobe is a dink, the announcers talking him up isn't going to change anything.
Doesn't' seem to be the usual amount of celebs in the crowd tonight. Maybe there was a chance of showers, and they were afraid to leave the house. Maybe they realized that they haven't been seen on TMZ in a while so they had to get out on the town.
Celtics down 57-40 at the half. This is not looking good at all...

Third Quarter:
Celtics need to pass the ball better, feed the post and play solid defense. I've switched seats, changed clothes and kicked the cats off the couch. Gotta change all our mojo here at the Morrissey Mansion.
Pierce needs to D up on Kobe like he did with LeBron except Kobe is a much better shooter.
Not good to see Perkins go to the locker room. He's got a bad shoulder. My guess is its disloated again.
Lead back to twenty. Lakers are hitting their shots, gotta give them credit. Celtics aren't playing the best of defense and are still getting murdered on the boards. Someone needs to man up and go get the ball. This really is the ultimate Jekyl and Hyde team in the playoffs.
Too many 3's not enough rebounding.
Pierce is finally starting to play now. Defense feeds the offense. which it's doing right now, with the lead down to eleven. C's need to get it down to 10, tops, by the end of the quarter if they want to have a chance in the fourth. What's going on here? Not a single ad for the Hulk or Hancock this quarter? Apparently even the execs at ABC got sick of the commercials.
HOLY SH*T!!! Are you kidding me, a two point game going into the fourth. Folks, we have ourselves a ballgame!

Fourth Quarter:
Tough D, block out the crowd and take the ball to the hoop. Doc can't keep KG on the bench to start the quarter.
Ever notice how creepy Phil Jackson is around Michelle Tafoya? Sorta like that old sketchy guy hitting on the 21 year old at the bar.
Nine minutes into the fourth and KG is still on the bench. There is no resting in the playoffs! you can rest in a week! Get him back into the game Doc
Too much jogging up the court. Missing too many easy shots
And yes, I do want to see The Love Guru. Judge me if you wish, but I think it looks pretty darn funny. The wife just wants to see it for the Justin Timberlake scene.
This is the ultimate in heart attack game. Celtics can't seem to put a consistent stretch together.
We have our first Hancock commercial of the second half! Sure I kinda want to see it, but you don't have to shove it down my throat.
Cat just sat on my feet, which is nice cuz my feet are cold. She's purring though so my feet are now warm while getting a slight massage.
First lead of the game with four minuets left!!!
De-Fense!! De-Fense!! De-Fense!!
And yes, i love me some exclamation points.
Three point lead with three thirteen left!!
Up FIVE with two ten left!!!
Another Hancock commercial! Trying to get them all in before the game ends apparently.
God, the commercial breaks are soooo long.
Good job by ABC showing the announcers and not the game. Just missed that entire play.
UP three with two left!
Up four with one forty four left!
Ball will be in Kobe's hands every single time down the court.
Up two with one thirty left!
Posey huge three from the corner! Up five with one thirteen left!
Up three with one left!
Timeout.. forty six seconds left. This is fantastic, what a finish, what a game!
Pierce sinks two, up five with forty six to go!
Up three with forty left!
Ray Allen, what a play! Huge lefty layup. Up five with sixteen left!
Timeout Lakers. Side note: ever notice Glen Davis always has a dumbass look on his face, mouth always open just kinda looking around.
Game over! Celtics win 97-91!!!
WOW WOW WOW WOW
They Played one of the worst halves of basketball all season the first half, and one of the best in the second half. Eddie House with a huge game, just forcing the Lakers to cover him keeping them from double teaming the post, etc. Great defense by Pierce on Kobe. Posey came up huge with some big points off the bench.
What a comeback, down twenty in the third quarter to come back to win. WOW WOW WOW. After watching that first half, I was steaming mad, couldn't believe how poorly they were playing. I'm sooooo glad I stayed up to watch the entire game. All those people who went to bed early.. how could you!?!?!?!?!?

Text messages sent: 26
Text messages received: 19
Sorry Phil and Eileen, hope I didn't run your bill up too much.
And if this doesn't make any sense to you, you probably didn't watch the game, and I'm effin tired. It's after midnight, time for bed. I have to get up early to go to my exclamation rehab meeting...

2 comments:

eileen said...

That was an amazing comeback!

Cleaty said...

We were thinking of you while we watched the game. I got a kick out of your change of clothes and seating arrangement. Andy got a Larry Bird shirt delivered last night, and at first I thought it was bad luck. But maybe it was good luck after all. All I could think of watching the game was that the Celtics were working sooo hard. That's the best comeback I've ever seen in pro sports and the hardest working set of players. Andy thinks the series is over because Kobe is going to be pissed off at everyone and is going to be a 1-man team next game.