Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happenings

Fun weekend all around. We didn't do much Friday night, basically just hung in as we knew Saturday was going to be a long day. Friday night we did try to install our latest toilet purchase though and this would be toilet number three. And guess what! It didn't fit either... We have a baseboard heater that runs behind the toilet and that's really proving to be a problem. Sure, it helps keep the bathroom all nice and roasty toasty in the winter, but it's proving to be a real pain in the arse. The way toilets are designed now, there's just no room for anything under the back. I think I finally found the one we'll need to get, but again, we'll have to special order it.

Saturday was spent driving down to Boston for a wedding and then going to the wedding. We were supposed to help a couple of friends move, but we didn't make it down in time. The wedding itself though was a blast. Outdoor ceremony, at the Lyman Estate in Waltham. There wasn't a tent over the ceremony so we all baked in the sun. Luckily it was a pretty quick ceremony so I only lost a couple of pounds of sweat.

The reception was seven feet away, again outdoors, but under a tent. To say it was hot would be an understatement. Holy Crap, I can't remember the last time I sweat that much. The wife and I danced the night away (well, she danced, I just kind of did whatever it is I do on the dance floor) with some of her best friends. It was really a great great time, which was a little surprising because usually I don't like bands at weddings, but the past two I've been to have been a blast. I would also like to commend the lovely couple on their beer selection at the reception. It was an open bar and they had some very good sangria (made on the spot), JW Dundees Honey Brown, Sam Adams, Harpoon IPA, Stella Artois and a chocolate stout that I didn't catch the name of (and many wines, but I didn't have any of those).
Gordan and Anne during their first dance. It was choreographed and they did a great job! He and his mom had their dance to Rubby Ducky(you know, from Sesame Street), the instrumental version. The wife and I about half way thru the night. I managed to keep my jacket on from the ceremony thru dinner but once I sat down to eat off it came. The tie stayed on thru about half the dancing, but it was really just too hot. Unlike 90% of the other men there, I planned ahead and wore a white shirt as I knew it was going to be hot and didn't want the sweat to show thru the shirt. Gross right, well even grosser if you're one of the million guys there in a blue shirt.
Afterwards we hit the afterparty, but the $6 Bud Light drafts at the Newton Marriott turned us off and we headed home.

Sunday we hit the road and drove home, and I played some golf with my uncle. We play pretty much every week now, but I'm kind of getting frustrated at my lack of progress. I'm getting better, but its only in pieces of my game. I can't seem to put together one solid game. One game my putter will be on fire and the next its cold as ice. I think my biggest issue, and anyone that really knows me knows this to be true, is my lack of concentration when I really need it. I tend to rush thru my swing or my putting too often.

So this week we'll continue our search for an upstairs toilet, among other projects we need to finish up. It's also supposed to be really warm up here so we'll finally get to go on our walks every night after work. After sitting in my office all day, and the wife in the house all day, we really need to get outside after work just for a change of scenery ya know. It'll also help get rid of the beer gut I'm currently lugging around.

No comments: