Thursday, February 14, 2008

Coincidence?

So I served a tenant with a preliminary eviction notice on Friday. If you don't shape up, you're out essentially. Today he comes to see me, basically tells me that he's in very high standing in the community, dad was the police chief yada yada yada. (he's the building bully btw, annoys people just for the sake of annoying people) So he says to me, "oh did you buy a new car? cuz its not your normal car in your spot." I tell him no, that I just took my wifes car today (the new car). An hour or so later I leave to go to lunch, and low and behold, I have a flat tire. Cost $25 to get the hole patched.
I'm not saying he did it, but that's an awful strange coincidence. And its also the 2nd flat tire I've had since moving up here, both of which occured in my works parking lot....

Ever see that Slim Fast commercial with all the girls showing their bellies. The wife and I are in complete agreement on this one, why are they doing this? Its supposed to be a weight loss commercial, but no one is remotely thin. I don't get it. Plus, tv is for pretty people and pretty people only. If I want to see normal looking people I'll go to the mall or look in the mirror or something.

I was thinking about something today. Remember way back when, when microwaves didn't have the rotating tray in them? You'd have to cook your food halfway then rotate it yourself and continue cooking it. I'd like to thank the person that came up with the spinning thingy in the microwave. They saved me the time of having to rotate it myself..

Finished two books. Triumph by Jeremy Schaap, was all about Jesse Owens and the Hitler Olympics. Fascinating read. I highly recommend it if you're into sports and history, which I am. I'm not a huge fan of the authors writing style, but the information gets relayed so thats what matters.
Also read Tip Off, which is all about the 1984 NBA draft. If you're an NBA fan, I highly recommend it. Barkley, Jordan, Stockton, Bowie, Hakeem, all came out of this draft. Great read..

4 comments:

Rob said...

Ummm ... yeah. I'm gonna go ahead and say "that guy definitely slashed your tire".

What type of damage did the tire have, anyway? Puncture, slash, etc?

Cleaty said...

I agree. Be careful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, seriously? People actually DO stuff like that?!?!

Anonymous said...

BTW, in case it wasn't obvious, I was commenting on the tire slashing, not the slim fast commercials.