Monday, February 25, 2008

Quickies

  • So have you ever seen that M&M commercial, the one where the people turn into M&M's? Like in one shot they're regular looking and in the next one they're M&M's that sorta look like the person in the previous shot. Well one of the M&M's, the one walking his dog, totally reminds me of my friend Rick. Weird I know, but I think its the hair...
  • I would like to thank all my loyal readers for an outstanding turnout yesterday. We here at the Morrissey Chronicles brought in a record number of hits on the site for one day, a whopping 46! So thanks, I love that you guys actually read my little random, occasionally funny, mostly incoherent site.
  • The wife and I watch A LOT of home improvement shows and house shows in general. I gotta say, this whole granite counter top trend really bothers me. People put granite in their kitchens just for the sake of putting in granite! People won't even look at a house if it doesn't have granite counter tops. How stupid are some people! There are a million and one types of material to use for counters, with granite being the hot item now. Its like people think that if there's granite in the house, then that makes the house expensive and nice.. riiiiight. Half the time it doesn't even fit the decor/design of the room, but they put it in there anyway.
  • Anyone watch the Oscars last night? I caught bits and pieces, but it really didn't interest me this year. Half the movies I didn't see and really have no interest in seeing, and the other half I've never even heard of. Apparently I live under a rock or something.
  • Went to Dunkin Donuts this morning and got a bacon and egg sandwich on a croissant. Because I'm lactose intolerant, I said no thanks to the cheese. Smart right? Wrong. Being the dumbass that I am I failed to remember that croissants are 90% butter. Did I mention I hate being lactose intolerant??? On the bright side, the new ovens being used make the sandwiches taste better. Everything always came out of the microwave a little flat, so this is a nice change.
  • If you've seen the Sarah Silverman, "Effing Matt Damon" video, you HAVE to see this. Its Jimmy Kimmels response to it, "effing Ben Affleck". Hysterical stuff, and definitely funnier than the Silverman song. (careful, there's some bad language, but its bleeped out) Check out all the cameo's in the Kimmel version. Fantastic. I told the wife that she and I need to start making parody video's but she had no interest...I think its cuz I'm funnier than her, and she doesn't want anyone to know.
  • If you haven't seen this video, I highly recommend it. The look on Jennifer Garner's face is absolutely priceless (sorta like the girl at the bar being hit on by the creepy guy, only 10x more scared). And who in the heck thought it would be a good idea to let Gary Busey into the Oscars?

2 comments:

Cleaty said...

The husband refuses to look at a house if it boasts granite counter tops. We saw one a while back that was tiny (about 600 sq. ft.) with a super tiny kitchen counter, probably 2' x 3', but it was granite. I think I would like something recycled, like glass, or one of those slabs they put on lab tables from HS. Remember those?

Sarah said...

oh I like the high school lab countertop idea! My real problem with granite is that people think it is always appropriate. Was talking to a work friend about updating our kitchen and he says "well of course you'll put in granite" and seemed shocked when I said it was probably an unnecessary waste of money in this house. I want concrete countertops, but I don' think that's going to happen.