Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thoughts From A Forever Wandering Mind

  • I don't know about you, but being surrounded by all the cats like this, would creep the heck out of me.. but I'm not a Northrup, and they don't seem to mind this sort of thing...
  • Have you heard those beef commercials on the radio with Matthew McConaughey narrating them? He sounds just like his character Wooderson from Dazed and Confused. I keep waiting for him to end with "Well, alright, alright alright" in that slow southern drawl.

  • Did you see the eclipse last night? The wife and I had a perfect view right out our bedroom window. Pretty cool stuff.

  • One of the dummy lights went on in my car the other day. Stayed on for a day, then shut itself off and hasn't been on since. Should I be worried? It was only the light showing a problem with the exhaust system.

  • I don't know if this happens at other grocery stores, but it definitely happens at Shaws, and not just the ones up here. The kid bagging the food, puts everything in its own individual bag, so I end up with 40 bags for 35 items. Eggs, one bag; bread, another bag; three bottles of juice, soy milk, regular milk, another bag. So they're obviously not that bright, but its a pain in the tuckus for me. What the heck do I need all these plastic bags for. I really have no right to complain though, as my mother gave us a couple of canvas bags to use, but I of course, always forget them in the car.

  • Any Dancing With The Stars fans out there? I don't really watch the show, but I find the list of participants pretty amusing (found here, just scroll down a bit on the link). How nice of them to give Steve Guttenberg work too!

  • My lovely wife found this link. Just a little sketchy... too bad they're not selling anything good

  • Great story on Kevin Durant's older brother. It talks about how its not easy being the older brother of someone so successful. I have too younger brothers, but have yet to run into this problem.
  • So they cancelled one of my favorite shows, Las Vegas. After being on Monday nights, the moved it to the purgatory of the tv land schedule, to Friday night at 10pm and the execs at NBC couldn't figure out why it wasn't bringing in good ratings, go figure. Thankfully its in syndication, so we can still catch all the reruns on TNT.
  • If you're not watching LOST, you're missing out. This season is just chalk full of questions, with answers coming very slowly. The show is written just like a novel, the the same pacing and give and take, really fantastic stuff.

3 comments:

eileen said...

Plastic bags at the grocery store drive me crazy, too! They always use so many. I try to bring those resuable canvas ones, but if I forget, I request paper in plastic. Because the paper bags hold their shape better, they pack way more groceries in, so I end up with 2 or 3 bags instead of like 12 plastic ones.

Rob said...

Is Sarah holding an invisible cat in that picture?

Sarah said...

No, Rob, because then I would have 5 cats and that would make me the crazy cat lady!