Monday, February 18, 2008

Thoughts

  • You might judge me, but having a handheld Tetris game in the bathroom is perhaps the best thing ever. Although it kills when I have an amazing game going (over the course of a couple of days) and then next time I go to play, it mysteriously says Game Over, or a new game has been started...
  • It poured pretty much all day today. Normally I pray for snow, but if today's rain had been snow, I'd still be shoveling out.
  • My phone hasn't rung since last Thursday. Is that sad or what? hahaha
  • Since we've moved to Maine, somehow I've managed to lose twelve pounds. Haven't been to the gym since October, so I'm not sweating off the weight. My guess is that its because we eat smaller lunches (before we both worked in the city and would get lunch a lot there, whether it be subs or fast food or whatever, it was more than we eat now) and the misses has me eating more veggies at dinner. I even eat broccoli now too, go figure.
  • Ladies and gentlemen, ready your jokes! So I decided to mix things up some and try some new "products". Everyman Jack. Really good stuff. Recently I've been getting some razor burn when I shave, but with the new stuff I didn't get a hint of it this morning. All told, I tried the body wash(soap dries out my skin too much, go ahead, laugh, but I choose to face my maladies head on), face wash, shaving cream and after shave/moisturizer. Not a single complaint. If you're looking for something new, I'd give it a go.
  • Anyone else see this story about the Navy trying to shoot down a satellite thats falling out of orbit? I don't know about you, but the thought of shooting missiles at something that far away, moving as fast as it is, and as small as it is, scares the bejezus out of me. Ten bucks says they miss and blow up a flock of sheep somewhere in the middle of Tazmania.
  • Two new beers were tried this evening, one by me and one by the wife. First is Butte Creek Organic Ale. I was honestly surprised by this one. It wasn't the best beer ever, but it certainly wasn't the worst either. Just a normal flavored IPA. Nothing extraordinary about it, but when I saw "organic" I though, bad tasting. The second one (via the wife) is Belgian Floris Apple. This one was very good. It was the perfect marriage of fruits and beer. Not overly fruity, yet still retained some of the beer qualities. I'm finding that I'm becoming a bigger fan of the Belgian fruit beers. And it doesn't hurt that the wife likes the either.

No comments: