Thursday, March 27, 2008

Almost There...

I spent most of the day thinking it was Friday. Isn't that the worst? Now tomorrow will feel like an extra day of work.
So last night was a night of extended family fun! We started out by heading to dinner in the next town over. Umm the food.. not so good. Don't think I'll be heading back there anytime soon. I got the hickory bacon burger, which was supposed to be a burger with bacon and bbq sauce. Well it was a burger, and there was bacon, but the bbq sauce was served separately in little individual (like the ones you get at mcdonalds when you get chicken nuggets) bbq sauce containers. Weird.
After dinner is when the night got fun. BOWLING! Who doesn't love bowling. After a spirited debate over whats better, big balls or little balls (insert joke here), we decided to go the candlepin route. First bowling alley we went, packed... second one, packed... third one, packed.. apparently bowling is the thing to do up here on Wednesday nights. We must have missed that memo. So we decided to go back and try the first place again. Ended up getting two lanes (next to each other, all the way down the end so there were only people on one side of us so we didn't have to share the seats. I hate sharing the seats), one of which had the bumpers in the gutters, so we just left them in there and bowled the night away. I've never bowled so fast in my life. For some reason everyone was rushing thru the strings. It was like cardio bowling. Needless to say, I, of course, won.
I think that the bowling alley was actually stuck in some sort of time warp though. I felt as if we stepped back into 1985. Old video arcade games (original Tron, Galaga, Ms. Pacman and Scramble, along with a Guns n' Roses pinball machine), original 1980's carpet and original shoes I think too. Everyone seemed to have a great time, but now I need to convince the wife to find a league to join.
Anyone else catch that Celtics game last night? Great great game. They seemed to start out a little slow, not playing a whole lot of defense in the first half. But in the second half they really turned it on and just blew out the Suns. That leaves New Orleans as the only team they haven't beat yet this year, and they'll be in town tomorrow I believe. Should be a great game.
So we were supposed to have visitors this weekend, but they are unable to make it. I was really looking forward to hanging out with them, but at the same time we've been so busy the past couple of weekends that it'll be nice to just hang out and relax. Although I am going to the Celtics game Sunday, that still leaves Friday and Saturday to catch up on some sleep and stuff around the house. I'm really hoping that my brewing ingredients show up so I can make some beer!

No comments: