Sunday, March 23, 2008

How Fast is Too Fast?

Tip O'Neil Tunnel to our front door... three hours eight minutes. Too fast?
Anyway, rest of the weekend was great. I spent Saturday on the couch at my parents house watching basketball games and the History Channel with dad. We weren't actually on the couch together,(that would just be weird) but were both in the living room at the same time. More to the point though, I watched the tv while he dozed in his chair.
That night, the wife, mom, dad, brother S and I hung out, ate some very tasty chinese food and played some domino's. Of course, I was the victor. I'm pretty much unbeatable, which is really quite amazing since I hardly ever pay attention to the table and it takes me way too long to add my points at the end of the game. Playing domino's with the family has got to be one of my favorite things to do now. Just hanging out, joking around, having fun, can't go wrong there. We also went through a bunch of the old family pictures, which was pretty funny. Seeing those pictures of Christmas' gone by though makes me wish I still had all those cool toys. To think that they all just got thrown out or buried in my friend Mike's sandbox never to be seen again. Star Wars, GI Joe, He-Man, Centurions, all gone... so sad.
Easter was fun today too. We had a fantastically yummy brunch at the in-laws(spiral ham, quiche, popovers mmmm popovers) followed by a quick stop in at my grandparents and the drive home.
I also brought back with me all of our beer brewing equipment. So sometime in the next month or so, stay tuned for the zany adventures as I try to brew some beer on my own (I was never allowed to be in charge of the directions when we brewed in the past. I guess you could say that I don't really have an eye for detail).
Alrighty.. bed time.. hope everyone out there had a nice Easter or just a nice weekend in general. Should be a good week for us. My cousin is visiting so we'll have make sure to catch up with her soon too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 hrs 8 minutes for 235 miles gives an average speed of 75 mph. Seeing that the last 10-15 minutes are on local roads with 30 mph speed limit, you averaged about 80 mph for the rest of the trip.

The states of MA, NH, and ME have been notified of your violations.

jay said...

the last 2 miles, the speed limit is 30, everything else is highway