Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thoughts From A Forever Wandering Mind

This will be a quick post, as the Celtics game is on and I'm writing this during halftime.. stupid western conference trip with games being on late at night..
  • I've discovered the rowing machine at the gym. Good stuff. I feel like I get a much better work out than any of the other machines.
  • Tried some of the new Doritos's the other day. Unbeknownst to me, there's like 150 different flavors out there now, and I tried the Sizzlin' Picante, and let me tell you boy were they sizzlin'. Pretty tasty, just a bit on the too spicy side (for chips at least).
  • Spring is coming! Spring is coming! Or at least I hope it is. The Penobscott River is no longer frozen solid. The cats are shedding like crazy. My aunt's horses are losing layers of hair. That's gotta mean that the warm weather is coming right? Although I probably just jinxed it by saying that, and we'll get like a foot of snow tomorrow.
  • Anyone have any recommendations on a good razor? I need to switch mine and try something new. I'm using the Gillette Mach 3 (the green one) now. I'm thinking about making the switch to an electric razor, but last time I had one (college) the shave wasn't close enough. Any suggestions?
  • Great reads, here and here. Very sad, but still something I think is worth the ten minutes it takes to read them.
  • I'm reading The City of Falling Angels now. Its by the same guy who wrote Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Good book so far. Its about an opera house in Venice that burns down and the events following. There will be a full review when I finish up..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had good experiences with a Norelco over the last few decades. The ones with good rechargeable batteries are worth the cost. It may take a couple of weeks for your skin to return to normal after giving the blade the heave-ho. Don't laugh; even with a beard one needs to keep peripheral areas neat. See you for Easter dinner.