Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hump Day!

  • So today, the wife and I sent each other the same link at the exact same time. We weren't even discussing LOST (the aforementioned link was a story about a character on the show). We both just happened to stumble upon it at the same time this afternoon. I found it, emailed it to her and 2 seconds later when I checked my inbox there was an email from her with the very same link. Its like we have some sort of connection or something...
  • So I go to the gym today. I run my mile and a half and head over to the rowing machine. There I am, sitting there rowing away trying not to make funny faces, pretending that the machine isn't kicking my arse, and this guy walks by. Maybe 60-65, tall, very thin, bald head with the ring of hair around the sides of his head. He was wearing a very abnormal headband of sorts. It appeared to be a common kitchen sponge, cut in two the long way (leaving two long thin sponges) with a thick rubber band holding it to his head. The sponges were being held against his forehead. I'm assuming that they were there to keep the sweat out of his face, by why not just wear a hat or an ordinary headband. Completely bizarre. I had to put my head down to keep from laughing as he swaggered across the gym.
  • Started watching that new show on FOX, New Amsterdam. Pretty good. We've only watched the pilot episode so far, and it usually takes a show a couple of episodes to really hit its stride. We figure we'll catch up on the rest of the episodes soon, but so far so good. (NYC detective who was made to be immortal after saving the life of a Indian (sorry Native American) woman back in the 1700's)
  • Tomorrow. Thursday. Also known as my most favoritest sports day of the year. All those college basketball games, I can't wait. Haven't figured out what I'm going to do about work yet, but I'm thinking I'll go in early, skip lunch and leave early to see as many games as possible. Although now that I think about it, LOST is on tomorrow night, so there's going to have to be some serious clicker manipulation going on. If you don't hear from me for a couple of days, its because the wife got fed up with my constant flicking and finally beat me to death with said remote. Friday it'll be easier to watch the games, although we'll be in the car most of the night.
  • So I'm looking to buy this book. This guy, Mike Holmes, is fantastic. Canadian contractor who goes in and fixes other people's screw-ups. (6pm on DIY network if you get it) Problem is, it says I can only preorder the book, but it also states the the book came out March 1st. Umm, why does one have to preorder a book that has already been released? Before ordering, I'd also like to read a little about the book, but can't find a summary of it anywhere. Apparently, our Molson drinking neighbors to the north haven't figured out the printing press or calender yet.
  • Dinner tonight... baked haddock with breadcrumbs, thyme, garlic, pepper and lemon with rice and a side of spiced up shrimp. I gotta say, I'm getting pretty good at this cooking thing. Nothing all that fancy, but building up the repertoire slowly.
  • Impressive win by the Celtics last night. You gotta figure, an older veteran team, 2nd night of back to back night games, coming off a huge close win against the best of the best, had no shot at winning. But with Houston's win streak, you just knew the C's would be coming to play. Great defensive game (yes, I stayed up till midnight or so watching the game) with minimal mistakes. This team can score, but its strength is definitely its tenacious defense, which will carry them far into the playoffs... hopefully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.