Monday, August 4, 2008

Hi, My Name's Jay And I'm Addicted to Wii

I can't stop playing. When I'm at work, it's all I think about. I wonder if there's some sort of group or something I can join to get help. But here's the thing, I don't think I want help. Sure, I'm sore (pathetic I know, how out of shape am I), and I sweat waaay too much while playing, but whatever, it's totally worth it! Wii is the wave of the future I tell you! Although I have to give props to the wife, she's quite the bowler and golfer, but isn't much for tennis...Unlike me who just rules at everything!!!

Moving right along.. is it wrong the the wife and I have started watching Home Improvement at lunch? Does it help or hurt that after all these years I still find it really funny? I'm a sad sad little man huh..

So I forgot to mention that we went and got finger printed the other day. We just had to go down to the police station and have the nice men in blue do it. The nice police officer joked that the wife's finger nails, acting as handles, made it a lot easier for him to guide her fingers from the ink to the paper. I made the joke that it was probably nice for him to be dealing with sober people for a change... Speaking of the finger prints, we sent them to the FBI to be processed except we (read: I) forgot to include the check. So the FBI just called and asked where the money was. Thankfully I got the nicest FBI agent ever and he nicely explained what to do and how to fix the problem quickly. Can't say I've ever had the FBI call the house before though...

Anyone else see this story on cnn.com? My guess is that its just a turtle without its shell...

Hey lobster fans, have you noticed the price lately? Up here, it's down to $6 a pound! (they're saying it's due to a great harvest and a weak economy, people just don't want to buy it as much so there's more of it) That's cheaper than a pound of turkey at the deli counter! Also, if you haven't noticed, the summer is almost over! C'mon people, we live in vacation land! Why does no one want to come visit us! The spring and fall aren't that fun up here, as it's usually cold and wet. Winter, we can snowmobile and all that. Summer, perfect weather, lots of outdoor stuff to do. Spring, its cold and rainy. For a couple of weeks in the fall its nice, but then once you hit early October its all down hill fast... so come up and visit while you can!

3 comments:

Cleaty said...

$6/lb??!! Wow! We just paid close to $30/lb for fresh Maine Lobster in CA. I guess it was the cost of flying it from Maine (and not having to cook it ourselves). It was worth it, though. It's sooo good!

Mike said...

I think you should get the Maine Toruism Board to start sponsoring your messages. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

There have to be some fun things to do in Maine in the fall... right? Like UMaine Football games? Apple picking? Wii?