Monday, August 25, 2008

Mmmmm Brinner...

For my money, there is nothing better than brinner. What's brinner you ask? Well you should already know, but since I'm here to inform and educate the masses, I'll tell you. Breakfast for dinner. Really, there's nothing better. Bacon and eggs tonight.. totally hit the spot...

So this weekend is the Blue Hill Fair, and we can't wait to go. Last year was a lot of fun, so I'm hoping for the same outcome this year, except maybe we'll come home with a rooster or something. The best part though, as is the allure of all fairs(at least to me), is the food. Fried everything. Things that you can't eat on a day to day basis are more than acceptable to consume at fairs. Plus seeing all those animals makes you feel like a little kid on a field trip or something. For those of you out there who haven't been, you're missing out...

A couple of weeks ago I went on the Obama website and subscribed to the text message/email thing. Good idea at the time, bad idea overall. First I got the 3am text message stating that Biden is going to be the VP candidate. 3am? Seriously? You had to wake me up at 3am to tell me that? It couldn't wait until 6 or 7am? Second, all these emails were filling up my inbox at an alarming rate. Do I really need five emails a day from the Obama campaign? No, no I don't.. so I went back on the site today and unsubscribed. My dabble in politics participation is officially over...

For some reason, this really interests me. Not sure why either as most of the science behind it is way over my head. Maybe it's because the name of the lab sounds like a group of evil doers in a James Bond movie. Maybe its because the science involved sounds like one of those baby step experiments that end up with the machines taking over the world. Or maybe it's because there are some out there that think this experiment could lead to very bad things happening...

So I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that my brother finally got engaged. I got to thinking about it and some weird coincidences popped into my head. Both of us ended up with BC girls. Both of us haven't finished college but our respective girls are in grad school. Both of us drive/drove crappy cars when we got married while our lady friends drove/drive new much nicer cars. And we both bought houses with our lady friends before getting married. Small coincidences I know, but I thought it was kind of interesting.

2 comments:

Cleaty said...

Chickens make good pets. I had a pet chicken named Lady growing up. She would come whenever I went outside and she would even nap in my lap.

Anonymous said...

you should have said both of you haven't finished college YET!!!