Sunday, August 3, 2008

Me And My Wii..

So it's Sunday night, which means I'm going to write about our weekend and begin to dread getting up for work in the morning..

Friday night, we hit the movies. This week it was the wife's turn to pick, so we saw the new Mummy movie. Believe it or not, it actually wasn't that bad, it was actually pretty good. It's not exactly Oscar worthy or anything, but for a summer movie it was perfect. No thinking, just entertainment. If you're looking for a fun summer flick, this would be a good choice. After the movie we hit the 99 for a bite to eat and a couple of drinks.

Saturday, I ran over to my uncles house to borrow his lawnmower as mine is still not cooperating. After I finished mowing, we went back over to hang out for a bit, and our favorite 3 year old was there, Logan. Logan is the daughter of a friend of my aunt's and is perhaps the cutest little girl you've ever met. It worked out well, cuz after playing with her for an hour or so, I was ready for a nap...which I did when we got home.. the perfect afternoon.

Now here's where it gets good. After a wonderful chinese food dinner, we made a trek to Target. What did we get at Target you ask? Perhaps the worlds bestest invention, the Nintendo Wii. This thing is absolutely fantastic. It's a video game console, but you actually have to use your whole body, not just your thumbs to play. When you play tennis, you actually have to swing the racket. When you bowl, you actually have to swing your arm in the right motion and all that. Sooo much fun. So far, we have the game it came with (wii sports) along with another sports game (deca sports) and a game called Rayman (which if fantastic. you're basically this animal kidnapped by some crazy bunnies who make you do all sorts of tasks. so weird i know, but there's a certain thrill in throwing a cow 150 feet or shooting rabid crazy bunnies with a bathroom plunger gun)

Today was spent playing lots and lots of Wii, but we also watched Juno. Have you seen this movie? Good stuff. It's about a high school kid that gets pregnant and decides to give the baby up for adoption. Very dry humor, hilarious, but a really good movie, and pretty relevant to our life right now too.

I know it doesn't sound like a very exciting weekend, but it sure was. Wii is fantastic, but half the fun is watching the other person play. Trust me, you really have to give it a try when you come up. My Wii muscles are killing me right now, which I guess means I'm really out of shape huh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I get this Wii thing. Is it a computer? How do you throw a cow and how does the computer see how far you threw this cow, is there a camera so the computer watches you throw it?

Rob said...

Dear Cal,
All your questions about Nintendo's how new product will be answered, just as soon as the TV and print media picks up on the Wii phenomenon and what you can do with it.

Best regards,
Rob N.
August 4, 2005