Sunday, August 17, 2008

Oh What A Weekend!

This is going to be a very picture-centric blog entry, so you won't have to worry about my usual attempts at humor or trying to figure out what I'm saying due to my lack of a grasp on the written English language.

The weekend started off with the misses and I making our way down to Boston for a couple of days of baby visiting. First off, we hit Beth Israel Hospital where we got to meet the newest member of our extended family. Little Thomas William...I can't decide if I'm going to go with Tom or Tommy yet, we'll see..
Ignore the beer gut and focus on the tiny little person I'm holding. Just a perfect little baby, sorta like the ones in the movies...
As you can see, the wife is a lot better at holding babies than me. She's opting to go with the one arm method here. The wife asked me not to go too overboard with the gifts, so I tried not too. I only bought like 6-7 things...

That night, we headed over to our friend Jimmy and Stacy's to hang out for the evening. It was a really great time; their baby Emma is about ten months old now and about 10 minutes away from running around the house. She seems like she has zero interest in crawling at this point, she just wants to get up and sprint. Its funny though, as young as she is, she's still almost as tall as my wee-folk wife...
I think she spent the entire time walking around the coffee table, trying to get her hands on all the food there...
As you can see, the "piling everything in the middle of the table" method is being used here. It was really a great night; lots of great food and just a lot of fun catching up with friends who we don't get to see as much now that we've moved...
Jimmy is also just about done building the deck off the back of his house (when I say he's building it, I don't mean that he's paying some, no, he's actually building it). Normally you'd see pictures of my house projects, but this was so darn impressive I had to show some pictures. The house is on a hill, so the first floor is really the second floor on the back of the house. The deck runs pretty much the length of the house and has a couple of stair cases down. One to the driveway and the other to the back yard..
He used that synthetic wood that everyone is using now and it looks amazing...

Really an amazing job, which works out well for me. The more he can do, the less I have to pay some stranger to do for me when I can get him to help me out.

Saturday we went over to Phil and Sue's for a bbq. They just moved into their new house a couple of weeks ago, but it looks amazing. Again, all the friends were there, so we got to spend a lot of time with everyone catching up...

The master chef at work...
It's amazing how our lives have changed. Five years ago we all would have been hanging out, multiple beers in our hands laughing away. Well the laughing is still there, but the beers have been (somewhat) replaced by babies. When you're younger it never really dawns on you (or at least me) that we'll have to grow up sooner or later. I gotta say though, so far so good...except maybe someday that'll be one of our kids we're chasing around the lawn..
This is Julia, the baby who loves to smile. Or in this case, make funny noises will I egg her on. Lori and Rob need to keep an eye on her, cuz just like Emma, she's about ten minutes away from running around the house...
This is Maya... she's only eighteen months old, but wow is she smart. Picks up and repeats every word she hears, which is great, but people like me need to be careful and watch our language (thankfully nothing bad slipped out). And again, she's only a wee one, yet she's as tall as my lovely wife...
It was just a great weekend all around really. Sometimes it's tough up here, with all our friends down there, but when we can all get together like we did this weekend, its just perfection.
Sunday, before we hit the road home, we stopped by my newly engaged brother's house to visit with him and his lovely bride to be. I feel like I haven't seen either of them in forever, so it was great taking a couple of hours to catch up and listen to the ladies go on and on about wedding stuff. I can't wait for their wedding next summer.. it's going to be so much fun...
One last thing. The wife and I need non wedding pictures of the two of us, does anyone out there have any? We need pictures for our adoption profile, and pretty much every picture we have of us is from a wedding, so we're looking for something a little different. Thanks for the help!

No comments: