Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Almost time to go home!

You'll have to forgive me if I'm not as assuming (intentionally or not) as usual, as I'm a little under the weather and all hopped up on tylenol cold and flu right now.
So Christmas, what a great day! Fantastic to see everyone, and have lots of great food. We woke up, and opened presents with the in-laws which was fun. The lil'lady got me the perfect gifts, and she really seemed to like what I got her.
After hanging out for a bit, we headed over to my parents for some more gift opening and some quality family time. We arrived just in time, as my father and brother were making french toast and bacon as we walked in... perfect!
Most of that afternoon was spent laughing, eating and really getting to hang out with my brothers, who I really don't get to see enough. I took lots and lots of pictures, so when I get home I'll be sure to post them.
After a quick stop down to see Mike & Kim and baby Maya (and to see her take those first couple of tentative steps! its really amazing to see), we shot back to the family to take part in the Yankee Swap. LOTS of laughs here, I really need to record a family gathering one of these days. I ended up with a 12 pack of Sam Winter, which is perfect and the lil'lady ended up with this thing that sits on the floor by the door to keep the drafts out... riiiiiight.
After that we shot over to the in-laws for an early dinner, which was very tasty, but we had just eaten 2 hours earlier so we really didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked (meaning I didn't get to eat as much as I usually do). Next we had to go pick up the brother and sister in law, and home for some more conversation and bed, as I wasn't feeling all that well.
Today... work in Salem, don't get me started... then we met some people out for a drink at the Beantown Pub. Originally it was supposed to be just Tom, but that turned into more. A couple of the wife's coworkers came out with us, followed by Sue & Phil, then another of the wife's coworkers, and finally around 730 Tom showed up. Great time had by all, lots and lots of laughs, and its always great to see people before leaving. Thankfully, I was home by 9 as I'm still not feeling 100%. And big props to Phil (or more likely Sue) for finally giving me a picture of me Mike, Phil and Jim from Phil's wedding. Now I have a pic from all the guys weddings I was in. Really my favorite part of the library back home :)
Time for bed now.. more Fri/Sat when I can post some pictures.

No comments: