Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Half Way There...

Completely crazy day at work, but then again in my business there's never a dull moment. After work though, we headed over to my uncles to take the brother-in-law out on the snowmobiles. Great time as always. Cousin D, J and I headed out into the trails and probably spent an hour or so out there before heading back to the house. I think I need to start saving my pennies now so I can buy a snowmobile for next winter. They're so much fun. Plus, I don't want the family to think the only reason I come over is to play with their toys. But again, common sense, gotta know what's too fast and when you can go fast and when to slow it down.
Caught a new show on the G4 channel called Ninja Warrior and its awesome. It's another one of those fantastic Japanese games shows. You know, the ones where they have these cool obstacle courses that the contestants have to run through. Why don't we have this kind of show over here? We steal crappy reality tv shows from Europe, so why can't we steal this idea from Japan? Here's a couple of clips, here, here and here (this last one is the best clip). They run subtitles because the show is in Japanese, obviously, and they change the course from time to time so people can't practice all the obstacles. I guess its HUGE in Japan, like people build replica's in their backyard to simulate the course. I NEED to get on this show.
The Mitchell Report comes out tomorrow. That's the report down by an "independent" group on steroid use in baseball. Supposedly there are a lot of names of supposed steroid users in the report. It'll be interesting to see how baseball responds. Do the suspend everyone who's still playing? What do they do with the stats of those who were named? My question is though, how, without testing, do they know for a fact that certain guys used? The report only has 50-60 names, but there's no way that little amount of players was using and the rest were clean. As a fan, I really don't care. I assume that a lot of guys used, hitters and pitchers, but whatever. You can't go back and change the past, so put in place a solid testing procedure (not like the one currently in place) and move on. We had the dead ball era, we had the era before blacks were allowed to play, and now we have the steroid era. It is what it is and you can't change the past, only learn from it. But I doubt anything will change. In order to detect a lot of the steroids out there now, a blood test needs to be done, and we all know that the player's union will never allow that to happen.
Have you heard about the storm on the way? We're supposed to get another inch or two tomorrow night, followed by a huge nor'easter this weekend. They're saying double digit amounts up here... again. I don't mind the snow though. The shoveling isn't so bad and our car drives just fine in it. Plus, that just mean more snowmobiling!!!

No comments: