Monday, December 24, 2007

Santa's Coming!!!

Good day today. Dropped the misses off at work, and headed to mom's house to hang out for the day. Didn't do much, helped clean up a little (and I mean a little).
The wife's family has a tradition of going to a movie for christmas eve, so that's what we did tonight. We saw "Charlie Wilson's War", the new Tom Hanks flick. On a scale of one to 4, I'd give it a solid 3+. Very entertaining movie. Lots of great one liners, very smart movie. Both Tom Hanks and Philip Seymore Hoffman were fantastic in their roles as Representative Charlie Wilson and his CIA agent buddy. I highly recommend seeing this movie if you get the chance.
Afterwards, we got some take out chinese food and hung around trading stories for the next couple of hours. All in all, it was a really fun night.
Tomorrow will be a really busy day, but we'll get to see lots of people, which will be great.
Couple of random thoughts:
  • I've heard more police sirens in the past day, then I've heard in the past five months in Maine.
  • People in MA do not know how to drive. Going thru red lights, stopping for no reason, drifting lane to lane without signaling. Seriously people, learn how to drive and the road rage will go way down.
  • So what's everyone doing for new years? We'll be home, so anyone who's bored is more than welcome to come join us!
  • Tried whiskey tonight. I've never had it straight up, and not sure I ever will again. Buuuurns on the way down. Maybe someday I'll try it again, but it won't be anytime soon, that's for sure haha.
  • Have a safe and very merry christmas!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay, Hope you and the "missus" have a great holiday!

Jeanne

eileen said...

Merry Chirstmas! Sorry I missed you guys at the Playwright.