Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

So lets see. Saturday was a fantastic day. We headed over to my uncles house around 1230 or so and basically spent the next two hours out on his snowmobiles. The wife and I on one, cousin D on the other. Great great times. I have a new mistress and her name is Ms. Snowmobile. There are tons of trails around them, all clearly marked so because we stay so close to home, there's really no way to get lost. In a couple of places there are big wide open fields, where as long as you can see clearly enough, and you stick to the already made tracks (to avoid rocks etc) you can really open it up. Hitting 45-50 mph on a snowmobile is really an amazing feeling. There's one spot, behind my cousin's aunt's house, where there's a hill that acts as a little jump. Awesome stuff. The thing with them is though, you always have to remember to be cautious. Every year you see stories about people getting killed or seriously hurt on them. Common sense is your best friend on one of those.
We did manage to get stuck on a trail that hadn't been ridden yet this year. A tree was down, so we had to turn around, which ended up being more difficult than we planned due to the fact we were in a bog. After about 15 minutes or so, with the three of us executing some nifty 50 point turns, we made our way out.
That night, we had cousins D and B over to help decorate the tree. This is me trying to wrap the lights around the tree while standing on the window sill and step stool. Safety first right!
With a little help from D, we were able to wrap the lights around the tree, mostly.
The wife decorating our lovely mantle. (all photos courtesy of cousin B)
The finished product. We really should have turned more lights on though, huh. You can see though, that we really didn't decorate the bottom 12-18 inches of the tree. This is what happens when you have 4 cats.
Next years christmas card?
The house looks very festive I must say. Everyone seemed to have a great time, and thanks to the help of my cousins we finished in about an hour or so.
We didn't do much today. The wife has a paper due soon, and finals coming up so she spent most of the day working on that stuff. Although for breaks, she was very productive painting her office. (pics to come when completed) At first I wasn't sure about the color, but its coming out really nice.
I hit Target today, had to pick up a couple items for the house and do a little recon for last minute gifts for the wife. (I'm pretty much done with my xmas shopping. although i had very little to do this year as i only have to buy one gift for my family and one for the wife's. i love grabs) But Target was absolutely mobbed. No kids, all moms and dads out shopping. I've never seen it that crowded. This is why I do most of my shopping online now. People in stores seem to move in slow motion and that just annoys me. I know what I need and I get in and out, none of this dillydallying that seems so prevalent these days.
Also, one of our neighbors stopped by this evening and dropped off some home made fudge. She said she loved the lights on the outside of the house (good job by me). I've really only met them in passing and they seem quite nice, but this was unexpected. We'll have to figure out a way to invite them over for a drink or something some night.
Nice, big statement win by the Patriots tonight. Loved the crowds chanting of "guarantee" though. Great stuff. I would like to see Donte Stallworth get some more balls thrown his way, as he's great in the open field and deserves the reward for doing all the little things (blocking, etc). But when the team is playing this well, who am I to nitpick right?
We also got the news that my brother-in-law is going to come up for a couple of days this week. He's in town from LA, so it'll be good to see him and hang out. The wife's other brother and his wife are planning on coming up to visit the wknd between xmas and new years. Good times all around I'd say. Its always nice to get to see family you don't get to see very often ya know.
Alrighty, hope everyone out there had a great wknd, and we'll see you all soon for xmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The tree looks great, and the snowmobiling sounds like a lot of fun. I still think the pic I took of you guys is a better Christmas card, though :)