Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Eve, Eve

One more day until Santa comes!!!
Didn't do much today, which was nice. The misses is still getting over her cold, so she was taking it easy. We slept in (8am) then I ran to Brueggers for some breakfast. One of the only bad things about Maine is their total lack of decent bagels, so every time we come back down to MA, we have to go to Brueggers to get our fill.
Anyway, after a morning of shoveling out the driveway and hanging out, we headed over to Gramma's house to see the grandparents. Some of my cousins who I haven't seen in a while were there, so it was great seeing them and their kids. We all grew up together, so its still kinda bizarre to me that they have kids now yaknow. But its always great seeing them, and they have the greatest kids too.
After a couple of hours there, we headed back to the in-laws so I could watch the Patriots game. Great win, fun game to watch, great to see Maroney run like he did today too. Then we went to the 99 for dinner with one of the wife's friends from work and her family. Good food, good conversation, and headed home.
Couple of minor thoughts:
  • Snow in MA is much dirtier than snow in ME. I suppose its because there's ten times the car traffic, but still.. yuck
  • It was 9 degrees when we left our house Saturday morning. When we got out of the car tonight at 830 it was 51 degrees out, go figure. I'm just hoping that all the snow doesn't melt in ME. I want to go snowmobiling next wknd!!!
  • Big big win for the Celtics tonight. Orlando is a tough team, and the C's handled them nicely. With the way the Patriots have been playing though, they're still flying under the radar somewhat.
  • There are cats everywhere in this house. The in-laws have two, and we brought our four down for the week. They're everywhere, seriously. A couple of times I swear I came walking around the corner and they all looked at me in that way, ya know, like they had just been plotting against me or something. Creepy.
  • Usually, when I think of something I'd like to blog about, I write it down. I keep forgetting my little note paper, so I can't remember what I wanted to write about tonight. Its driving me crazy. I need to remember it the next couple of days...
  • Hope everyone has a very merry christmas!

No comments: