Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Its finally over...

Well work inspection has come and gone and everything worked out fine.. thankfully.. Now onto the good stuff.

  • My cousin Lisa's husband Jeremy won a really cool contest. He is hosting a one hour show from the Margaritaville Cafe in Orlando on Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville this Saturday, December 8th. Two others won also, and each of them gets a 1 hr show, from 2-5pm (his slot is 4-5pm), and then the winner is chosen from a voting period which is from 5-6pm. The winner gets to host future after-concert shows along with some other stuff.
    Radio Margaritaville is available on Sirius Satellite Radio (Channel 31), on the Dish Network (Channel 6031), and on the internet at radiomargaritaville.com. If you don't have either Sirius or the Dish Network and want to listen, you can go to www.sirius.com and sign up for a free 3-day trial to listen via internet. Voting is from 5-6pm this Saturday, Dec 8th at 866-55-PARROT or online at www.sirius.com/jimmy. I know I'll be listening.
  • Two new beers: Anchor Brewing Christmas Brew. Excellent stuff. Every year they make it and every year they tinker with the recipe a little, so every year it tastes a little different. This year its very very good. It tastes very similar to the Harpoon Winter Warmer, with a little less of a gingerbread flavor. I highly recommend trying this, and I give it a strong 8 on the jayscale. I also tried a Floris Framboise. Its a Belgium raspberry fruit beer. If you're into the fruity beers, I definitely recommend it (I like them from time to time). It basically tastes like a Clearly Canadian, circa 1989 when Clearly Canadian was cool.
  • So I made pasta and crescent rolls for dinner tonight. The pasta was fine, but when I opened the rolls, they were all messed up. Like normally you pop open the container, unfold the dough, then refold it into the correct shape and bake. Well it was almost like Pillsbury just shoved a bunch of dough into the container and hoped for the best. They tasted fine, but they weren't very crescent in shape.
  • Joke for you: you know you're old when your wife says to you "honey, lets go upstairs and make love." and you say "I can't do both" hahaha.. ahhh i'll be here all night, tip your waitress!
  • Spent the night, like I do from time to time, listening to music. Tonight's music was mostly Brad Paisley. For those of you who really like country music, I highly recommend his newest cd. I think his last one was a little better, but this one is still fantastic. And for those of you who don't like country music, well you don't know what your missing. Every song tells a story, a lot of the lyrics make you laugh out loud, and in general they don't take themselves too seriously. Heck, my ringtones are even country songs. ("Not as good as I once was", Toby Keith. fitting i think) The unfortunate part to my night was that my poor lovely wife had to listen to my "singing" all night. And I use the term singing loosely. Anyone who's ever heard me do karaoke (late night at mike and kims.. ahhh good times) knows that I don't have a single musical note in me, but to me, I sound just like Kenny Chesney, I don't care what you all think. Speaking of Chesney, we tried getting tix and couldn't get them, and I'm still peeved. Sure I can spend $200 on a ticket if I really wanted to, but c'mon, that's way too much. Plus, I'd need 8 total, so we could all go again. I'm still holding out hope that they held back some of the tix and will release them at a later date.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're better thank you think at karaoke, and at the least you can at least say you don't sound like a dolphin...

Anonymous said...

Hi !
I am catching up on the Chronicles! I have not checked in for a while.. and I LOVE THE TREE! Also - as for Kenny Chesney... I found someone that can sell us 4.. so that means, we just need to find 3 more... if we want to go, but be separated.