Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Is it the weekend yet???

Definitely looking forward to coming back to Boston for a couple of days later this week. Can't wait to see all the family, etc. that we haven't seen in forever and a day. Hopefully the brother and sister in law will come visit us up north while they're here too.
Ok, so I mentioned this show the other day, but I really can't stress it enough how great it is. Ninja Warrior is perhaps the best game show ever. Someone needs to explain to me why we don't have shows like this here. All it is is an obstacle course with normal people trying to complete it. I make it sound simple, but only two people have ever completed all 4 courses. Some of the contestants are gymnasts or other athletes, but for the most part its just normal people who want to give it a whirl. (some people have gone so far as to construct a scaled down version of the course in the backyard to practice) Its funny too, cuz a lot of the people who compete really have no business being on the show. Anyone can try it, although not all should. The wife and I have this running joke, that kittens are made of rubber, (seriously, have you seen one? they bounce off everything and just spring right back up and keep going.) well I think that in order to be a contestant on this show you need to be made of kittens! Some of these people fall in such ways that it can't not be painful. And there's really very little padding, mostly just mud pits to land in. Like I said, great show, and we really need to find a way to bring it across the Pacific.
Not much else going on really. Xmas shopping is just about done, just a few more minor things to go pick up. Work's been crazy, we're putting in new windows.. in December... in Maine.. yeah not the best of timing, but that's not my fault. Lots and lots of other stuff going on too. The nice thing is though, that since my building is full of elderly people, its like have 100 grandparents. Which means lots and lots and lots of baked goods during this holiday season. Good times...
I love my wife, I really do, but I think she may have a problem. You see, she's addicted to wrapping gifts. The only gifts I'm allowed to wrap are the ones I buy for her, and even then I think she'd rather wrap them herself. I don't even mind wrapping the gifts I get for other people, its just that she actually enjoys it. As you can see, she's getting started now.


The box in the bottom of the picture is FULL of different types and colors of tissue paper. She really has it down to an art form, its actually quite impressive really. And when you receive a gift from her, (or me, cuz she probably wrapped it) you have to take notice at what a perfect wrap job it is. Perfect creases and folds, minimal tape usage. Like I said, its an art...

So I found a great way to stay warm too. I'm not a layers kind of guy really. Some people wear long johns and all that, but I never have as I don't tend to get too cold. I recently discovered though that soccer socks are great at keeping your legs/feet warm. They're long, so they go all the way to your knee, keeping a lot of your leg warm, and the feets are thicker than a normal sock, keeping your toes warm. I only have two pairs right now, so I think I need to buy a third just in case.

Has anyone tried the new Sam Adam's glasses? I was thinking about picking up a set, partly to see what the deal is, and partly because I like the look of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

re the glasses: thanks for giving me an idea so I can surprise you on your birthday!