Sunday, December 30, 2007

The End of '07

So did everyone have a nice xmas? I promised pictures, so hear you go..
Opening up my new wine fridge. Now I just have to find a place to put it. I think I'm going to try to build a wine rack type thingy that'll hold the fridge and additional bottles and glasses. I have to bust out the graph paper and sketch something out first though. I also got a deep fryer (which I've wanted for a while, next comes the crock pot). A wine fridge and a deep fryer, can anyone else hear that banjo playing?
Hanging out with the fam (sans middle brother) post gift opening xmas morning. I gotta say, mom did great this year with gifts, so thanks mom :) Although giving me a winning scratch ticket (instead of all the losers I got) wouldn't have killed you, would it?
The lovely wife playing with her new gloves/scarf/hat from mom. And S, props to Sasha on the watch, the misses loves it.
We haven't taken a family picture in forever. This is the official clan right now, with hopefully two more additions eventually. (no pressure there on the brothers euh)
And finally, a dinner table shot at the in laws to cap off the evening...
So there ya go, my holidays in a nutshell.
Random thoughts:
  • It is sooooo good to be home. Not that I don't love being down in MA seeing everyone, but it feels like I spent the entire time in the car. It stinks, cuz we didn't get to see nearly as many people as we would have liked, but that's the way it works sometimes. I really really really love our house now, so every time we head south, about Freeport I just want to turn around and head home haha.
  • The brother and sister in law came up yesterday (left today). They seemed to really like the house, which is nice. Of course we took them over to see Uncle D and family and the horses and snowmobiles. Cousin D and I took each one of them out for a ride and they really seemed to have a great time. California people usually aren't that easy to please haha
  • Great game last night huh. Lots of yelling at the tv done in this house, that's for sure. Great to see the Pats come out on top though.
  • Played Guitar Hero for the first time too. I need it. Fun fun fun game, and I found myself really getting into it. (those of you who have seen me do karaoke would know what I'm talking about). Lots of great songs too. Too bad the brother-in-law left and took it with him..booooo haha
  • Have tomorrow off, how fantastic is that? The company was feeling generous and gave us last Monday and this Monday off. Good times.
  • So is anyone out there making any new years resolutions? I have a few. 1. To finish projects in a more timely manner; 2. To start going to the gym again (haven't been in like 2 months), which will lead to losing 10 or so lbs hopefully; 3. Stop spending and start saving more. Pretty basic stuff really. Other than that, I don't think there's anything else I really need to change. Although the misses might beg to differ.
  • Speaking of new years, heading over to the uncles house for the night tomorrow. Lots of chinese food to be had by all. We'll see who actually makes it to midnight though. I guess this is what happens when you get old huh.
  • See everyone in 2008!!! Have a happy and safe new year! Its still not too late if you want to come up to our booming metropolis to celebrate :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Morrisseys!
I hope you have a great NYE - and one of my new year's resolutions will be to come up to Bangor, ME and see the Paul Bunyan statue. :)