Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Sky Opened Up, And Forgot To Close...

  • I'm pretty sure its never going to not snow up here. We got another foot or so yesterday, and there's really just no place left to put it. The snowbanks at the bottom of my driveway are easily eight feet high. The entrance to our driveway keeps getting smaller and smaller, so now the cars can barely fit thru. It doesn't help that's its only 5 degrees out now, or that its supposed to get down to a minus 20 wind chill tonight. Its so cold out (how cold is it j?) that I saw a group of polar bears huddled around a barrel fire trying to keep warm. Only 3 more months until spring...
  • So we tried making my aunt's blond brownies the other day. Yeah, they didn't come out so good. I don't know what it is, but I have the inability to bake. Every dessert I try to make, comes out like arse, I just don't get it..
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY to cousin B up here in Maine!!!!!
  • Can you believe that the wife finally drove the snowmobile? After like five minutes, she decided that she'd rather ride on the back and gave up. Part of the problem though, is the sheer amount of snow on the ground right now. Even the snowmobiles have a tough time cutting thru it. Cousin D got stuck five times today trying to go 3 houses down the street.
  • So we watched a lot of Law & Order the past couple of days (TNT was having a marathon). The weird part was though, some of the episodes they showed Monday, they showed again Tuesday. How in the heck can you show repeats during a L&O marathon? There's like a million and one episodes and they pick the same one twice? Someone over at TNT is getting lazy..
  • I received a couple of home depot gift cards for xmas, and I'm not sure what I want to use them for. I know I want more tools, I'm just not sure which ones yet. I'm leaning towards a table saw, but I really need a new drill too (mine isn't very strong and the battery seems to die very frequently). Any suggestions?
  • Hope everyone had a great 2007, and I know we Mainers are looking forward to an even better 2008..

3 comments:

Cleaty said...

In my experience, February is the coldest month. So you still have a way to go. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! It is only 3° down here today. Brrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Excuse me. "We Mainers"??
Mainer-adj-(A) person who has been born and raised in the State. (B) Has been a resident for 20 or more years. (C) Knows the difference between sleding and sliding and effectivly explain it to someone else. (D) Can use correct term for the driveway

The Real Mainers