Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Weekend!

Well for me it is at least. I took tomorrow off (my first vacation day since I started this new job back in July), so I'm very excited. I have tons of plans to be productive around the house, so I really hope I don't end up spending the entire day on the couch.
  • So while listening to ESPN radio todayI learned something new.. did you know that male reporters are not allowed in the WNBA locker rooms, but female reporters are allowed in the NBA locker rooms. Not that I care one way or the other, I just thought it was an interesting point.
  • I wore my corduroy pants the other day. I don't wear them that often because I always feel like I'm 6 when I have them on. Does anyone else feel this way when wearing their corduroy pants?
  • I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I'm not really proud of it either, but I downloaded the new Billy Ray/Miley Cyrus song from iTunes. I can't help it, I'm a big country music fan...
  • And finally, I'd like to throw a huge congratulations out there to my father. No, not for finally breaking down and buying a new hdtv, but for finally learning how to use call waiting! Welcome to the 90's dad, hopefully you can come join us in the 21st century sometime soon :)
  • Good win by the Celtics last night too. It was nice to see the jumpers falling again. Although if you noticed, Ray Allen started taking the ball to the hoop (layups) before the jump shot started clicking. Just like you learned when you were a kid, if you're jump shot isn't falling, take it to the rim. I was also impressed with Gabe Pruitt. He didn't play a whole lot, but he was a real pest on defense, which is what I like to see. The absence of a true backup point guard is really starting to bite this team. Eddie House is a shooter, not a point guard. Hopefully they'll dig someone up in a trade soon..

2 comments:

eileen said...

I feel just fine in corduroy pants. Corduroy overalls make me feel silly, though.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Dad had to ask Steve how to use the call waiting that nite.......so is still techinically a 'dinosaur'!