Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hump Day!

Or more importantly, one more day until the season premier of LOST and four more days until the Super Bowl!

So, in Bangor there's a law that you can't smoke in a car with minors in it. The theory being that the smoke is confined to the vehicle so you're exposing the kids to second hand smoke. And by the sounds of things, it seems like the state of Maine is going to adopt the same law..

Why is it that a woman can say that she wants to marry a man who's handy around the house and can fix things, but if a man says he wants to marry a woman who can cook and clean, he gets in all sorts of trouble?

When we were living in Boston, while at work I would listen to the local country music station. Every day at noon, they would stop what they were doing and would play the nation anthem. Peculiar right? Well apparently all country music stations do this because the three I listen to up here all do the same thing. And its never the same version either..

I got my hair cut today and it got me thinking. Ever wonder who the first person was that decided we need to get our hair cuts in certain styles? I mean, I can understand cutting it so its not in your eyes while you're hunting back in olden times or whatever, but who decided that getting people to pay for hair cuts would be a great idea? After spending $15-20 every two or three weeks, I wish he hadn't...or better yet, I wish I had been the guy to think of it. Or better yet, why is it that all barber shops/hair salons have those pictures of people with different hair cuts on the wall? Maybe they should number them, like McDonalds or something, so when you walk in you can just say you want a number 2 or whatever.

We hit Sam's Club (there are no Costco's or BJ's around here) tonight to get provisions for the Super Bowl. Everything in bulk for the 7 people or so that may or may not be coming over. Yes, I have a tendency of buying too much. While there, I tried to convince the wife to purchase a pallet of Bacardi, but after a quick moments thought, she begrudgingly said no.

Both Edwards and Guiliani dropped out of the presidential race today. I never really thought Guiliani had a shot, but I can totally see John Edwards as the vice president though. Clinton and Obama hate each other and are both northeners, and Edwards is a nice southern guy which will help procure the needed southern vote that republicans might otherwise tend to get. But what the heck do I know. I don't really start to pay attention until after the primaries and the candidates are established.
Don't forget to watch LOST tomorrow night...

No comments: