Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bye Bye Snow..

So the snow is all going away!!! Normally I love a nice warm spell in the middle of winter, but this year, NO GOOD!!! How am I supposed to take advantage of my uncles generosity (and toys) and go snowmobiling when all the snow is melting?!!? This is like a big "eff you" from Mother Nature to me... ooh well, its Maine, it'll snow again soon enough, hopefully.
There's a new show on TLC, something about Miss America getting a makeover. Sounds dumb right? Wrong! Its hysterical. All these contestants think they're all hot and stuff, with their overdone hair and caked on hooker make-up and the "judges" put them right in their places. Considering that there is nothing else on tv these days, I'd recommend giving this show a shot...
So do you remember that Chris Farley skit from Saturday Night Live, where he interviews celebrities and all he says is how much he loves their movies? (i.e. interviewing Patrick Swayze about Point Break and he says stuff like.. "remember that scene where you jump out of the plane?" Swayze answers, "yeah", Farley counters with, "yeah, that was awesome!" and that's how the interview goes, back and forth back and forth) Well anyway, there was a guy who called in today to the local sports radio show, and he sounded just like that. "did you guys watch the Celtics game the other night" answers "yeah" responds "yeah wasn't it awesome" or, "did you see that pass so and so made, it was awesome". For a while, I couldn't tell well it was a joke or actually serious, and it was in fact serious...
As of 8pm, Clinton and Obama are neck and neck in the New Hampshire primary. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly, but something about Clinton just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know, maybe I'm just a sheep and I'm drawn to Obama's charisma and speeches, but the thought of Clinton in the White House doesn't sit well with me. Although the thought of four more years of Bill would be fantastic. I think its about time we catch up to the rest of the world and elect a female president, but I just don't think Hillary is the way to go. I could see an Obama/Edwards ticket doing very well. They've got the north/south thing covered, they're both young guys who preach change and best of all, they're not republicans. Think about this though, Idaho and New Hampshire make up less than 2% of the total population of the United States, yet these two primaries (or caucuses, whichever) will decide who drops out and who stays in the race. Not that they're not lovely states, but Idaho and NH? C'mon now, I think the system needs to be tweaked a little there. I don't really have a better idea, but there are a lot of people smarter than me out there who can figure it out.
Ok time to go watch the Biggest Loser.. (see what the writers strike is making me do!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Hillary!!!!

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Just what we need,a muslim president with no practical experience.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are watching the biggest loser - I find it very entertaining. ;) Although this week they cut into it with campaign coverage...