Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ramblings..

  • So apparently after high school games (hockey and basketball, which are broadcast on the radio, sometimes preempting Celtics games) they interview the "star" of the game. Highest of high comedy. Its basically a series of "ahhs", "ya know", and "umms" followed by as many sports cliche's as you can possibly fit into one long run on sentence.
  • You know that guy on tv who hocks all the "as seen on tv products"? Like the industrial cleaners, the random knife sharpeners and other items you'd never buy otherwise. The short guy with the beard who basically yells at the camera.. well he makes me want to buy stuff. I don't know what it is, but he has some sort of Force like hold on me, making me want purchase whatever it is he's selling. White gloves and a ketchup popsicle? Fire it up! Knife that can cut your car in half, I'll take two. Thankfully my wife has a stronger hold on my wallet...
  • Amusing story to me, gross to my wife... So I come home from work today and put leftovers in the microwave for lunch. While its spinning for the required 2 minutes, I use the bathroom which is off the kitchen. I put the seat up (like i've been trained), do my thing and finish up. As I open the door, Lucy (our insane six month old cat ) comes trotting in and hops up on the side of the bowl. She does this cuz she loves to watch the water spin in circles down the drain. Now here's where it gets amusing/gross.. she then begins to lick the toilet bowl! Now as my wife and mother can attest, I don't always have the best of aim, so sometimes a drop or 7 might find their way onto the rim of the bowl. As I shoo her away, all I can think is, geez, she licks the wife's hands all the time, and I seriously doubt she brushes her teeth between bowl lickings... hence the amusing for me, not so much for the lovely wife...
  • Everyone ready for LOST Thursday night? We just finished rewatching Season 1. Just a fantastic show. Those of you who bailed after a less than perfect second season really don't know what you're missing out on. The writers have recovered and gave us a completely 100% engaging Season 3. The story has taken numerous paths, but they always come back into their wheelhouse, which is dealing with the original group of main characters.
  • Anyone else heard the new Garth Brooks/Huey Lewis duet? Working for a Living. Fantastic song. It brings two of my favorite people together too. For my money, Huey Lewis Sports is one of the 10 best albums ever..
  • Fun point: the ringtone on my phone is Toby Keith, As good as I once was. Problem is, whenever the song comes on the radio or on my iTunes I think my phone is ringing. The lesson as always, I'm an idiot.
  • Is it wrong that watching The Biggest Loser makes me hungry?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

except when it actually IS your phone ringing and you think it is the radio. it's really a no win situation there.
I will point out the kitten licks everything. I have lost many a meal & beverage to her: I made a bagel & cream cheese when I left it on the table and went to get a drink- came back to a naked bagel. Have also seen her stick her head in a plastic cup and drink my water- she got to keep that. She also licks the outside of glasses, the inside of the tub- post shower, and who knows what else when we aren't looking. And she ate the cheese off the macaroni & cheese yesterday. I'm renaming her hoover.

Cleaty said...

That was way too much detail on Jay's and Lucy's lives. Sadly, I know exactly what you are talking about.

I too find the guy on tv irresistible (as well as a lot of those infomercials). I really, really want the steam mop, but fortunately I only see the infomercials when I'm at the gym and nowhere near my purse.