Monday, January 14, 2008

Let it Snow!

Its snowing, although its the light and fluffy stuff, we still got about a foot and its still coming down. You know what that means! Less productivity around the house this weekend and more SNOWMOBILING!
For those of you who took a peak out the window today, and thought, "oy, more snow", I have someone for you to hate. A softball buddy of mine moved (along with his wife and puppy) to Hawaii recently. Yes you read that right, Hawaii. If you're looking for a new point of animosity during our wonderful white winter, here you go...
And thank you Rob, for getting me on facebook. I've reconnected with a couple of old friends, and its kinda cool catching up. At first you feel a little weird randomly emailing someone, but then I thought, hey we were good friends for all those years, why not. I guess its the technological version of bumping into an old classmate years later in the grocery store, or wherever. I also get to keep tabs on my brothers which is nice too, since neither of them have been up to visit their older brother yet.
I didn't come home for lunch today, so I didn't get a chance to take any pics of the newly refinished floors on the 3rd floor(the sun was down by the time I got home). I'll have some tomorrow though, along with pics from the wife's newly painted office..
So my boy Brad Paisley has a song on his new album entitled "Letter to Me", and its all about him writing a letter to his 17 year old self. Now how great would it be if you could actually do this? I would have never been caught sneaking in past curfew, or any of the other stupid things I did back then, or maybe I would have given up baseball for lacrosse (if I knew I wasn't going to play much senior year, why not). Just something fun to think about. Mostly I think I would have made myself out to be as cool as I thought I was, as opposed to how cool I really was (not very). I wouldn't change any of my friends or who I hung with or anything, but I would have liked to have been a little less nervous around girls, or maybe even studied more! (go figure huh, it only took my 14 years to figure that out)
Ok enough babbling on, time to get back to the Celtics game now..

1 comment:

Rob said...

You're welcome.

As you feel weird adding old friends to your "friends" roster, keep in mind that they're probably on there for the same reason.

You know, "I hope Jason stalks me someday".