Thursday, January 24, 2008

One More Day

Thursday, one more day until the wknd.
Busy day at work. Conf calls, revolving office door, just generally busy. Around 3 o'clock I realized that I hadn't had anything to eat yet today. Not good.
So the wife chastised me yesterday. Said it was wrong of me to use a spoon in the morning to feed the cats, leave it in the sink, then reuse that same spoon that evening to feed them again. She said it was "gross" leaving it in the sink all day. Now keep in mind, these are the same animals that lick each others arses, eat their own mess when they get sick and lick their naughty bits on a regular basis.. but reusing a spoon is gross? Ahhh I don't think so lady :)
Anyone else out there use their iTunes on a regular basis? Is it me or does there seem to be a new version update once a week? One would think that the smart people at iTunes would roll out an update once every 6 months or whatever, not once every six days.
So what do you think about this tax rebate plan Congress is going to roll out? $600 for single people and $1200 for married folks. The extra money would be nice (if anyone wants to start sending my lovely wife subliminal messages to spend the money on a pair of new recliners, I would be much obliged), but I don't believe I'll see a penny until that check is actually in my hand. One report says the checks will come out in June, another said in 60 days, so April or so. Either way, free money is free money.
Tough loss for the Celtics last night, but when the opposing team shoots 58% from the field and 71% from three point range, there's really nothing you can about it. They played well, but Toronto just had one of those all time nights. It didn't seem to matter how well the C's played defense, every Raptor shot fell. Just one of those nights I guess. Al Jefferson and the Timberwolves come to town tomorrow night. Jefferson is averaging 20/12 (with a huge 39/15 dropped on Amare Stoudamire the other night) and Ryan Gomes is throwing up a 12/5 every night too. Good to see these guys doing well, although I'm still glad the trade was made.
No real big plans for the wknd, just things to do around the house, maybe go see a movie. I'm trying to convince the wife to go see Cloverfield, so we'll see. If she had it her way, we'd be seeing Alvin and the Chipmunks. Otherwise, nothing to do but hope for nice-ish weather to do some snowmobiling...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also very skeptical of these "checks". I am pretty sure last time we received a rebate, it wasn't free money, just an advance on your subsequent year tax payment. Also the articles that I saw, talk about that these checks will help some people avoid foreclosure. Paying off debt usually does not stimulate the economy (the alleged goal of the rebate) as you are not putting the money back in the marketplace. So all good Americans should take the money and spend it on something American. Of course Americans don't really make 60 inch HDTVs so, at least buy it at an American store. Or buy a snowmobile.

Anonymous said...

I am with Sarah, the spoon thing is gross. Once it hits the sink, it's dirty!

Cleaty said...

So I agree with Sarah that the spoon thing is gross, but I also see your point. But in spite of that, I would still use a clean spoon every time.