Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Roundup

So the rest of the weekend was good. Nothing all that crazy, just relaxing and productive. Of course we watched the Pats game on Sunday. Neither team played particularly well, but I'll take the win. Can't wait for the Super Bowl. I think that the Giants will put up quite the fight, but I don't think it'll be an outcome they're happy with.
As you can see from the pictures below, I painted my bookshelves. Originally, I just stained the wood, but it didn't quite look right in the room..
Looks nice enough, but with all the white trim, it wasn't quite right.

As you can see, the white makes it look much cleaner and it matches the trim etc. That was my last project I've been putting off. Now I need to build a wine rack (or should I say, attempt to build a wine rack which will also hold my new wine cooler), finish the 3rd floor stairs, build a second set of shelves for the above pictured room (that ones obviously full) and pick paint colors for our bedroom. Speaking of which, does anyone out there have any ideas on how to reseal wallpaper to the wall? The wallpaper is peeling at the seems in our bedroom and I don't want to pull it down due to the fact that its plaster and not drywall behind it. So I think we're just going to paint over the wallpaper. Any tips on how to fix the seems?
  • The wife and I began watching season 1 of LOST, in anticipation of the new season starting in a couple of weeks. Its fun going back and noticing all the little things that add up to what we know about the characters now..
  • Sad new, I had to retire my favorite pair of swishy(aka, running/nylon) pants from public use. They just have too much paint/dirt/stain/whatever on them, so they're now my "work around the house" pants. Thankfully I bought a new pair to replace them.
  • Good news! Looks like we have potential for two sets of visitors in February. My parents are thinking of coming up and some of the wife's friends are too. Can't wait! You know how much I love people visiting :) Plus, knowing people are coming, motivates me to finish up stuff around the house.
  • Tried two new beers: 1. St.Louis Premium Framboise. Its a raspberry Belgian Lambic Ale. A lot of you out there aren't into the fruit flavored beers, but I recommend trying this one. Its only 2.8 abv, but that's not the point. Its very tasty. Its sweet, like a sparkling cider, only its beer. The wife loves the stuff, so that's gotta count for something right? Overall, I'd give it 6.5, with points taken away for the lack of alcohol. 2. St. Bernardus Prior 8. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the Belgium ales. This one was also very tasty, but obviously more beer like and less fruity. It was darker than I expected, but still went down very smooth. A slight hint of chocolate, but I really only tasted it on the first sip. I'd give this one a sold 8, and would highly recommend giving it a whirl.
  • Ok, time to get back to Dirty Jobs...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a nice improvement on the bookcases. The 3rd floor re-do looks really great as well!