Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Big Day Tomorrow!

Or as you read this, most likely tomorrow, so it's today for you... but anyway, Thursday morning I have my half of the interview with the social worker. Exciting stuff huh. The wife asked me not to go all "Chandler" (try to make too many jokes, etc) during the interview, but I really can't make any promises. I'm not at all nervous, actually I'm pretty confident. I've been on a million job interviews where I blatantly knew that I wasn't qualified for the job or wasn't going to get the job, so I'd have to do my best to b.s. my way into it. Surprisingly enough, I'm pretty good at that...

But this is different. The one thing I was put on this planet to do, is to be a dad. I know it sounds incredibly cheesy, but it's the one thing I always knew I'd be good at. I figure I learned from the best between my parents and my grandparents, so I know I'll be very good at this. Not to say there won't be a million and one "oh sh*t!" moments, because I'm sure there will be, but overall I'm completely confident in myself when it comes to this...

On a less happy note... every day at lunch I come home, make my sandwich and settle in for an hour or so of tv before heading back to work. The first six or so months up here, we watched Las Vegas (the NBC show), but after seeing every episode at least three times we figured a switch was needed. That's when we found Home Improvement. I don't care what you say, that show was funny! So today I sit down with my sandwich, turn on the tv, and whats on? Everybody Loves Raymond... and I truly despise that show. I really really really do. Not entirely sure why, but I just do. Apparently TBS got the bright idea to juggle their afternoon lineup. Jerks. So now I have nothing to watch..thankfully we have a dvr full of shows, but sooner or later I'll run out, and then what? Will I be stuck watching the news? Or worse yet, secede control of the clicker to the wife only to have her turn on What Not To Wear? Terrifying isn't it?

2 comments:

eileen said...

Good luck, Jason! You'll be a great dad, so just be yourself during the interview.

The PEC said...

Good Luck Jay! Good thing you're naturally nervous and cheesy anyway so the social worker will be getting the genuine awesome Jay that will make a great dad.

BTW - I feel your pain on getting railroaded by Raymond in your lunchtime spot. That show is like kryptonite to anyone under the age of 47. Jesus Christ!