Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ramblings

  • Anyone out there see this story? Every neighborhood had one of these ladies. Ours actually had two. Mrs. Tanny lived in the house next door to us. She was so old, that not only did she bug us when we were kids, she was also around (and old then too) to torment my uncles when they were kids (they grew up in the same house i did). She used to bring a lawn chair out and sit on her lawn, just waiting for a ball to cross the property line. She must have been 103 years old, but when that ball hit her lawn....man...all you heard was the swoosh of air moving; she was so fast we never actually saw her move! (she also had three boston terriers, one would die, she'd buy another, etc, all named Joy. Or as we called them Joy1, Joy2 and Joy3) Then we had the Tellecks. These people sucked. Two old ladies, single, living with their very old mother. I honestly believe that they would sit in the window and wait for us to come play wiffle ball in front of the house. They would never come out and confront us though, but they would call the police on us. Nice huh. I remember one time a motorcycl cop showed up, around eight at night, it was dark, wearing sunglasses...that was weird..
  • Big big weekend coming up. We have more visitors coming which is fantastic on two levels. First, it's always great to see friends (and especially they're one year old daughter) and it means the wife will actually allow me to turn the heat on. The other morning, I actually had to drive to work with my windows down cuz they were so frosted I couldn't see out and refused to use my scraper (it was actually 20 degrees when I left the house). Boy oh boy do I love Maine. The weather guys have actually been using the "s" word a lot lately for western Maine...
  • How about this article? Ebert has one of the best jobs ever, reviewing movies, and he's too lazy to do that right. It says that in one instance he watched 8 minutes of a movie before writing his review. Are you kidding me? Think about it, if he works a normal eight hour day, he can watch at least four movies no problem. Ok maybe three, with time in there to write the reviews. I think they should fire him and hire me...
  • For all of you men out there who have been searching for a code to live by, I give you this. How great is that? I just might have to buy it...
  • So we're in an "economic crisis" right? I have a solution on how to balance the budget. It's very simple actually. If everyone gives $10, that's about three trillion dollars, and there you go. Think of it as passing the hat, we'd just need a really big hat. I had a friend once, who while at a party, had his car towed. He didn't have enough money to get the car out of the impound lot, so he passed the hat at the party, and bingo, he had enough cash. Same idea, just on a bigger scale...
  • Real? Or fake? (mind out of the gutter please. that would be on my other blog, the morrisseychroniclesafterdark.com)
  • Made a very tasty meatloaf dinner last night. Baked potato's, corn and foccacio break to go with it. Of course, I used the secret Morrissey recipe. You see, one of the first times Sarah ate dinner at my parents house, my mom made meatloaf. Now this is a good thing, cuz she makes a darn good meatloaf, but there's something a little different about it. On top, she pours a can of vegetable soup. I usually ate around that part. But on this particular night, my mother was out of regular veggie soup, so she had to use alphabet vegetable soup. The wife loved it, so now I'm not allowed to make a meatloaf without it. I suppose that'll come in handy when we have kids. Kids love alphabet soup right?

No comments: