Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ramblings

So I know most of you out there either already know which way I lean, or have no interest in hearing my incoherent semi-educated political ramblings, so I’ll keep this brief…

If I have to hear John McCain say “my friends..” one more time… he sounds like half my residents! Not remembering anyone’s name, so he just calls everyone his friend.

Another one of my favorites.. “I have a track record for reaching across the isle..” Umm, so you want props for doing your job? You want us to give you credit for not being a sheep and voting party lines every single time? I don’t think so guys..

How about this one.. “I know how to fix it, I know how to get the job done” without ever saying how he’ll fix it or how he’ll get the job done! How dumb does he think we are?

On the other side, Obama has a tendency of talking too much and his message gets lots in all the rhetoric, but at least he has a message.

So we saw Anne Hathaway last week, rehearsing for the SNL episode she was hosting. I’ve never been a big fan of hers, as most of her movies are about princesses and things like that really don’t interest me. I gotta say though, I’m a fan now. She was so much prettier in person than I thought she would be…

We’ve got three, maybe as many as five friends visiting this weekend! How fantastic is that?!? Luckily, we’re supposed to have wonderful weather, so we won’t be cooped up in the house the entire time. We’ll have plenty of time to go check out the peak foliage up here! (btw, that was sarcasm, I never understood why looking at leaves was so interesting. Sure, I notice them while out and about, but all it does is remind me that it’s going to continue to get colder. Which is good and bad. Bad because no one likes it to get dark at four o’clock in the afternoon and to pay all those rising heating costs, but good cuz it means I’m that much closer to snow mobile season!)

Has anyone out there heard of Hulu.com ? And if so, why didn’t you tell me about it sooner? I just found it the other day, and it’s got some pretty good stuff on it.

Ok, Red Sox/Rays starts tomorrow night, who you got? I’m going to say Sox in six. The Rays have been playing out of their minds this year, but at some point it all has to catch up with them right? I’m not a huge believer in the “experience” argument, but I think in this case, a cold, loud Fenway Park in October, it might come into play. Unlike most fans, I’ve got faith in Matsusaka, so as long as Beckett isn’t hurt I think we’ll be ok. The Sox won the last series without a lot of their best hitters hitting , so even if one of those guys snaps out of it, they should be fine. The Rays have a very good pitching staff, both the starters and bullpen, so I think the Sox will have to figure out a way to manufacture more runs, as opposed to relying on the three run homer. I really don’t foresee a high scoring series, more likely games of 4-3 or 3-1, scores like that.

1 comment:

Rob said...

But Jay, Anne Hathaway was in Brokeback Mountain ... wasn't that a movie about things that interest you?