Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Eve

Or, something like that. Anyone getting dressed up for the occasion? The wife and I are thinking we might, just to give out candy. Gives me an excuse to dress like a pirate basically...

Have you ever noticed that John McCain uses air quotes a lot? My friend Phil uses air quotes a lot too, mostly when he's inebriated, but McCain's use of the air quotes makes Phil look like an amateur...

So I'm watching news/Sportscenter showing all the Phillies fans celebrating after the World Series win, and I had a question. When exactly did it become the thing to do, to run up to any camera you can find and yell "woooooooooooo", or something to that effect? No matter the situation, this is what people do and I have no idea why. Is it because they're not smart enough to think of anything better to say or do? You see a lot of the pinkie and index finger up while the other fingers are in a fist gesture too. Did all these people go to the University of Texas? I think we need to start a new trend. Although I really have no idea what that would be...

And finally.. the perfect excuse to get into law enforcement...

1 comment:

Cleaty said...

Andy and I dressed up. I went as a pregnant angel that got kicked out of heaver because...well, you know why.

Andy went as Brady. We got his knee all bandaged up and he limped all night.

Oh, and the longhorn finger thing is also what ancient Romans used to do to curse each other. So maybe it's a little of that too.