Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Report

So this weekend we had some friends up! We've had like visitors galore lately, with more coming up in November, it's fantastic! So what did we do you ask? Well I guess I'll tell you..

Our guests, Jimmy, Stacey and their daughter Emma arrived Friday night just as I was coming home with the lobsters. Perfect timing by them I'd say. Dinner was a meal of lobster, steak and some orange mushy substance one year old Emma was eating (which I later tried and found it quite tasty), I think she preferred the mashed potato's and lobster though.

Saturday, we hit Nicky's for breakfast...mmmm diner food... followed by Jimmy and I playing a quick nine holes of golf with my uncle. Here, you can see the proper way to hit a golf ball...



And here, you can see the way I hit a golf ball (which is not the right way to do it)


I'm not going to bother to tell you what I shot, but those of you that know Jimmy and I know that Jim blew my uncle and I out of the water.. (and in case you can't tell, our new camera has a video function on it and i just can't help myself. i'm taking pictures and videos of everything now. i'm in dad preparatory mode)

That afternoon, we hit a local farm, which opens up every fall. They have all the animals out to see and feed and every year they build a maze in their corn field. Last year it was a sheep (you entered in the sheep's mouth and came out it's umm other end, no joke), this year it was a tractor. Mazes are always fun, except for the groups of ten year olds sprinting around trying to get out and get lost at the same time...

This is Jim and Emma feeding the goats... The second the goats heard your quarter enter the food dispenser there, they'd coming running for the fence..

And last night, to top off the weekend, was spent gorging ourselves on Chinese food. Lobsters one night, Chinese the next. That's a pretty darn good weekend if I do say so myself.

Next weekend though, we have no plans at all. Which is sad and fantastic all at the same time. Got lots to catch up on around the house though, and we're planning on starting the nursery one of these days.

No comments: