Sunday, October 12, 2008

What A Weekend

So we had some friends come up this weekend, to say we had a blast would be an understatement...

The weekend started off with Phil and Sue arriving late Friday afternoon. We gave them the customary tour of the house, after which we decided to go out and get a drink (it was happy hour, 5 o'clock) and a couple of appetizers. Normally I'd list all the new beers we tried this weekend, but frankly I forgot to write them down, so I'll leave that to Phil. After drinks and apps, we decided to head home for some dinner and Wii. Before home, we stopped at my favorite beer store and we picked up a nice sample of beers.


Ten minutes into his first Wii go round, it was already decided that Phil and Sue would be picking one up on the way home...I have video of them playing, but in fear of embarrassing retaliation, I won't post it.


Saturday we took our guests on a tour of our lovely city. Soon after those exciting seven minutes were up, our second round of guests arrived. Upon the arrival of Eileen and Erin, we hopped back in the car and went to Acadia for the afternoon. We really got lucky and had the perfect weather for a day of hiking/leaf peeping. Not a cloud in the sky, temps in the low 60's... perfection really...


Here's the gang on top of Cadillac Mountain...
It really has to be one of the most beautiful places around. Looking down the mountain at all the different colors in the trees was really a beautiful sight.
After an afternoon of leaf peeping, it was time for more drinks.. so we hit the Sea Dog Brewery for more beers, more apps, and of course so Big Buck Hunter! (the practice would prove useful later)
The rest of the night was spent hanging out at our house (enjoying some tasty chicken pot pie) and watching the Red Sox lose (well some of us watched, others didn't make it thru the entire game and went to bed after the 10th inning. yes, i'm guilty of this)


But going to bed early would prove to be most beneficial, as I needed to be on my game Sunday morning. You see... Sunday morning we took the city kids shootin'. My uncle was nice enough to take us out for some target practice and all it cost me was $8 in clay pigeons (90 for $8, what a bargain huh)

I gotta say, the friends were all pretty darn good shots. I was quite impressed. Me, I'm a natural of course...
So right before we left, my cousin decided to have some fun. He brought with him a recently purchased watermelon... and well.. lets just say that this watermelon wasn't long for this world.

Before...
During... and after... (please excuse the wife's shakey camera work)


All in all, it was really an amazing weekend. So great to see a bunch of our friends...and even better that we convinced them to come up. We had so much fun, I don't think it'll be all that hard to convince them to come back up sometime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for having us up! We had so much fun! And we have not officially bought Wii yet.... but we probably will very soon! :) Thank you, Jason and Sarah, for a very fun weekend!!!

eileen said...

I had a great time! Thanks for hosting us. Will write my blog post tonight...please email pics :)