Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Is It The Weekend Yet?

  • My day started with spreadsheets and ended with a clogged sink. Which is worse really?
  • Anyone else out there going to watch the debate tonight? I'm sure it'll be as boring as the past couple, but I'll still tune in.
  • Got a chance to listen to the new Kenny Chesney cd a couple of times. It's got a really laid back sound, very "island" like, meaning it's the type of music you listen to while chillin on the beach with a beer/drink in your hand and a backup close by. One song is done with Dave Matthews, and just by listening you can tell Matthews wrote it. It sounds just like all his other stuff, good song though. I bought the deluxe version which has a couple of extra songs on it, and I'm glad I did. A couple of the live versions are from the concert a bunch of us went to last year at Gillette stadium. If you listen closely, I'm pretty sure you can hear us singing along with the other 65,000 people there. I think my favorite song though is "Ten with a Two", meaning I went to bed with a ten and woke up with a two... "I aint never gone to bed with an ugly woman but I sure have woken up with a few." Seriously, do lyrics get any better? But c'mon who among us hasn't been there? You meet a girl at a bar, it's dark, they turn the lights on for last call, you see her and suddenly sober up and have to leave immediately...
  • I'm still getting 20-25 hits a day on the site, so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone out there who still reads my rambling, mumbling, bumbling, sometimes incoherent writings. One would think that after all this time, my writing would be better, but apparently not huh...
  • We hit Target last night, so I bought Forgetting Sarah Marshall. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It's a guaranteed laugh..

No comments: