Sunday, March 29, 2009

Date Three

The one that finally answered the question, are we friends or are we more than friends (don't worry, it's still a G rated story).

So Sarah and I decided to go out (it was a Friday night), but we went out with friends (there's safety in numbers. If i turn out to be a dink, she's got back up. if she ends up being batsh*t crazy, i've got my backup). She brought her friend Liz, and I brought Jimmy and Phil. We figured we'd go to Jillian's and play some pool, get a few drinks, that type of thing. The night went great, although Phil and Jimmy ended up leaving late in the night to go meet some other friends, leaving Liz, Sarah and I to enjoy the rest of the night.

After getting a couple more drinks, we decided to call it a night and Liz drove us back to Sarah's parents house (she was still staying there, cat sitting) where my car was. Liz left and Sarah and I went inside for a few minutes, where she then had the wonderful idea to play with her guinea pig (not a euphemism, an actually guinea pig, alive, not frozen either). As much fun as that was, it got late so it was time for me to go home. When we stood up, I leaned in to give her a kiss goodnight and promptly got hit in the face with a turtle. You see, her mom has these little trinkets hanging from stings from the ceiling lights (to weigh them down) and this one in the room we were in, happen to be a turtle. Sarah of course thought this was the funniest thing ever and couldn't stop laughing. Luckily for me, I've had many a girl laugh at me, so it didn't dissuade me from trying again. Thankfully it worked out better this time and seven years later here we are, me writing about it, you bored out of your mind reading about it...

So the whole seven year itch thing.. is that seven years total, or seven years of marriage, cuz I don't have it yet, but ask me again come November 2011...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I didn't want to play with the piggie- I wanted to make sure he was still alive! I was already down one pet.