Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Thoughts

The bathroom now has a sink! No more washing your hands in the kitchen sink... from now on, it's all high class here at the Morrissey household. All of our bathrooms now have sinks...

Before...nothing more than a hole in the ground, where the dryer vent used to be...

After...a beautiful little sink. We still need to do some touch up painting and redo the floor, but otherwise we're good to go.A friend of mine from work came over and gave me a hand with the installation. Actually, it was more like I gave him a hand. He's the professional after all. The good part is though, I learned how to run plumbing, so we won't have to hire anyone in the next house either. What bugs me though, is how expenisve faucets are. The pedestal and sink cost $49, the faucet (which was one of the cheaper ones they had) was $60. That's really some sort of racket they've got going on over there...

The weekend itself was really busy otherwise. We didn't do much in the way of fun, but we were ultra productive. And I finally got that shelf in the kitchen to stay up, it just took a bigger anchor.

No more big projects left to do, just little things to finish up now...

Surprisingly enough , I haven't been watching a whole lot of the NCAA tournament this year either. It's actually kinda sad. One of my favorite days of the year, is the Thursday the tourney starts, where we skip out of work early to head to a bar for the day/night. Since we moved to Maine I haven't done that, and it really sucks... ooh well, maybe next year.

The wife and I did have a major breakthrough though. As odd as it sounds, we both actually enjoy going food shopping. Problem is, we both like going alone, mostly because we have two very distinct styles. I know what I want, I'm in and out, nothing all that different week to week. She's more of a list person, taking her time walking up and down the isles thinking about every future purchase. So we came to an agreement, we'll rotate week to week. That way we're both happy, and we cut that one fight out of our weekly routine...

Ok, time for the Amazing Race...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the bathroom looks good, as does the kitchen.