Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thoughts and Questions

  • So I'm looking for some suggestions from my loyal reader(s). I'm sick of the playlist I listen to while at the gym, so I'm looking for some song suggestions from everyone out there. Preferably upbeat, fun music. Lil' help?
  • We went bowling Saturday night with the rest of the Maine relatives. Lots and lots of fun. First game, I lost to the wife, so per our bet, I had to wear the french maid outfit that night, and I really don't have the legs for it. I did manage to win the next two games though, putting me in my rightful place at the top. Halfway thru the second string, the wife, my cousins and I looked up and my two uncles were gone. Where were they you ask? The bar maybe? Nope, they were at the arcade playing video games...
  • Why do restaurants (specifically fast food) advertise in areas where they aren't located. Little Caesars, Sonic, Red Robin, Red Lobster, Jack in the Box... none of these places are even remotely close to us, yet they still advertise. Is it so that if someday we happen to be in a city that has one of these places, we'll choose them over Burger King?
  • We're expecting another 10 or so inches of snow tonight. I don't know about you guys, but I am soooo ready for spring.

2 comments:

Rob said...

RE: restaurants -
They do this because they are either a) looking to entice future franchisees in that area to contact "Sonic Headquarters". or b) seeding the area for people to call in and ask where the nearest one is (and determine whether there is a need for one), or c) they are already planning expansion into that general area and are establishing desire for said product/services.

eileen said...

Music-

Uh, not really sure of your taste (other than country) but some newish upbeat stuff is

MGMT- kinda clubby

Raphael Saadiq- peppy soul music that sounds like it's from the 1960s. kinda like a male version of amy winehouse, minus the slow songs and the crack addiction.