Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Weekend

Good, fun, refreshing, productive, much needed weekend was had...

Friday we had chinese food for dinner which is great because it means I also had chinese for lunch Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday was spent working around the house, cleaning etc, followed by another great night of dinner and karoke (with a little Rock Band thrown in) with the family. Two things about karoake: first, I'm not nearly as bad at the Rock Band drums as I thought I'd be. Second, I think I found my go to karaoke song. Well, maybe two go to songs. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham and I Want To Know Know What Love Is by Foreigner. Sad I know. But man can I rock them out...

Also.. had a couple glasses of port followed by a glass of white port after I got home Saturday night. I always forget just how much I like port, it's really an underrated drink. And speaking of drinks, I've been trying a lot of the Arcadia Ales products lately. If you get the chance and see them in the store, I recommend the Double IPA...

The kitchen is just about done. Some new shelves were put in and the island will be completed tomorrow. I gotta say, it makes the room look 1000x better...

We went for a walk today.. temperature hit 50 outside. This haaaas to mean spring is on the way right? The sky has been full of flocks of birds and the cats are shedding like crazy. That's natures way of saying no more winter, right? Please tell me I'm right...

So we got kinda sorta matched again (adoption matched). African American twin boys, due in three weeks. Twins are something we're definitely on board with too. Ideal situation is twins, one boy one girl, but this is would have been close enough. Problem is we had to say no. WAAAAAY too expensive, which just stinks. We told her that if they can't find a placement and are willing to lower the price, we're in. How messed up is that though? Ooh well, at least we know people are still viewing us etc...

And finally, I know I said it before, but for my money there's nothing funnier than American Funniest Home Videos on a quiet Sunday night...perfection really...

No comments: