Saturday, March 28, 2009

Date Two

Instead of waiting the requisite two days to call a girl after a first date, I waited until the next morning and emailed her. Granted, I probably could have gotten up and walked over to her cube, but I'm lazy and love email...

On the way home from work, I gave her a call and asked what she was up to. Her parents were out of town, so she asked if I wanted to come hang out at their house. I said sure, thinking that it was better than sitting around my apartment and I really didn't want to risk hanging out at her place (seeing that it almost blew up the night before). Upon arriving at her house, she informed me that a most unfortunate event had taken place. One of her two guinea pigs had gone to the big field in the sky. Kicked the bucket if you will. Since she had just bought him, she needed to go return him. Creepy huh. So she reached into the freezer and plucked out a shoe box, with the frozen guinea pig inside. Normally, when a girl stashes her dead pets in the freezer this is a bad sign, but as my friends will tell you, I tend to ignore the obvious "she's crazy!" signs a girl gives off and don't see them until after we break up.

After a quick trip to PetCo (it's where the pets go, apparently the dead ones too) to return the frozen pet, we headed back to her parents for a night of Friends and Domino's Pizza. Lots of talking, getting to know you type stuff, followed by not a good night kiss, but a good night hug...

Tomorrow, Date Three...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I do believe some of this story has gotten changed over time... If by I invited him over he means he said that he wasn't going to be doing anything that night but hanging around with his parents watching TV... And by his apartment he means his bedroom at his parents house.. then I agree!
Oh, and I had cats! I couldn't leave the dead piggie out- something gross might have happened.

Cleaty said...

Thanks for the explanation, Sarah. The whole frozen dead animal thing was a little weird. :)