Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Amazing Race, Week 2

Very entertaining episode tonight..Lets see, the teams started in Ireland and had to catch a flight to Amsterdam. Right off the bat though, I got annoyed. I hate when teams leave in the middle of the night and have to wait for their flights to leave in the morning. What's the point of coming in first, if it provides no benefit due to a train schedule or a flight time? Plus, watching teams sit around an airport of train station isn't exactly riveting tv. So anyway, all the teams eventually arrived in Amsterdam and had to perform one of two tasks. Searching thru thousands of bicycles in order to find 2 specific ones or lift 5 items of furniture, via rope and pulley to a 4th floor apartment. I would have chosen the lifting, but that's just me. Most teams did and those that could figure out the knots finished quickly, those that didn't bickered and eventually finished. I see nothing wrong with the occasionally snipping at each other because when you get frustrated, that happens. Some of these teams are constantly at one anothers throat though. How in the heck can you date when you're like that? I suppose if it works for you, then who am I to judge, but still... Just knowing that the camera is on me, would be enough to get me to shut up, plus, I'm kinda afraid of Sarah, so I'd be afraid she'd kick my arse if I talked to her like that.
After finishing here, the teams had to vault across a small stream/canal to get their next clue. Some teams had no problems here, others took forever and a day to accomplish the task. Team Daddy Issues really gave us a glimpse into their lives here. The father is really not a nice guy, he's constantly disparaging his daughter and not giving her the benefit of the doubt. She seems pretty nice, but he's just a dink. We also saw a little too much of Grandpa. He got all wet and muddy from his multiple attempts to cross the stream, so he decided the best course of action was to take off all his clothes and try to make it. Umm, where's that little fuzzy censoring box when you need.
Kate and Pat, the married ministers came in last though, so it was their time to leave. They seemed really nice, and treated each other very well, but we hardly got to know them. Better luck next time ladies. In the previews, next weeks episode looks fantastic...

No comments: